All reviews somes sound quiet side bar harbor harbor activity mooring balls sunrise and sunset minor issue continental breakfast is adirondack chairs watch the boats screened in porch acadia national park perfect place to stay pleasure of staying our honeymoon the cottages short drive
Reviewed 30 September 2013

My husband and I stayed there 1 night. I wished we had stayed there all of our 4 nights because the Moorings Inn is a total delight. It is very quaint, quiet and peaceful. It is situated right on the harbor. You are very close to Bass Harbor Light, Seawall and other Acadia points of interest. We stayed in “Port” -- a very charming cottage on the second floor. It had a little kitchen and woodstove The continental breakfast is yummy. I highly recommend this inn. The staff is absolutely wonderful.
Eating Place not to miss:
Common Good Café – scrumptious popovers (Southwest Harbor)
Captain Nemo – local bar with billiards and delicious sweet potatoes fries (Southwest Harbor)
Amigo del Diablo - Mexican food: great tacos and burritos at a reasonable price (Bar Harbor)

Room Tip: They have some rooms that are hard to get to because of stairs. "Port" Cottage has a very small bathroom.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
MooringsInn, Manager at The Moorings Inn Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2013

What a pleasure to have you come and stay. Mansell Port is one of our accommodations that is open year round. A great place to sit back and have a wood fire in the even quiter season. So happy you enjoyed a variety of local favorites. We look forward to your return!

Reviewed 14 July 2013

This inn was wonderful. Away from the hussle of Bar Harbor, view of the real fishermen's harbor on one side and bay to ocean on the other. Right on the water, lovely lawn and pier.
I could have my well behaved dog with me. Very welcoming, serene, real Maine .
And at once close to everything on Mt Desert Island. I will stay here when i come again.

Room Tip: So many choices, all great ,unique.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank carol k
MooringsInn, Manager at The Moorings Inn Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2013

We are so happy that we were a great fit for you. We are proud to be pet friendly, and encourage our guests to relax and breathe in this serenity. We embrace that the Moorings Inn represents a simpler time. When life was calmer. We too enjoy that we are a 3 minute car ride to stand in Acadia, while our view looks out to every mountain peak in the National Park. You are always welcome back at the inn.

Reviewed 8 July 2013

My husband and I were at the Moorings Inn this past weekend. We were somewhat skeptical due to the mixed reviews but we decided to take our chances. We were at the Dauntless Suite that was beautifully decorated and of course had an amazing view! We did have a minor issue in the room but the staff was very friendly and fixed it right away! I agree that it might seem relatively expensive (at least our room was) but it was well worth it. The breakfast was pretty standard and the muffin and the yummy cake/bread are a must!
5 cheers for both the Moorings Inn and the lovely staff!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

5 Cheers for you! Such a pleasure to have you here. Our mixed reviews are certainly a reflection of the unique property the Moorings Inn is. Operating a 1784 Sea Captains house is certainly a heartfelt family focus. We do not have air conditioning, or a waffle maker. We do have a full complimentary continental breakfast, ocean breeze, fans, & wifi. We do have cherished memories over generations of the families that continue to come and stay. We have lots of history, & tasteful accommodations. We are family owned for 53 years. We are 5th generational Innkeepers to the town of Southwest Harbor. Our local staff works hard to meet any needs you may have. We work hard to keep rates reasonable while still maintaining the integrity and longevity of our cherished establishment. Thank you for coming to share your journey with us, and enhancing our experience as well.

Reviewed 31 May 2013

I always stay here when I am in the Acadia National Park area...The Moorings Inn is a total delight..you can watch the sunrise from the beach, have an incredible view of the mountains and harbor and it's very quiet and peaceful.You are very close to Bass Harbor Light and Seawall and other Acadia delights...the Innkeepers are very lovely and helpful with anything you may need. I don't even entertain other places to stay when I come to this part of the state..some of the rooms have little kitchens and woodstoves as well..lots of atmosphere, peaceful and just plain wonderful..I would highly recommend this inn for all your stays when you are in this part of Maine!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
MooringsInn, Manager at The Moorings Inn Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2013

We are so honored that you have embraced us as your Acadian home away from home. You definitely know how to enjoy this serene, yet close to everything location. It is our complete pleasure to share the comforts & beauty of this local family owned inn with you. Thank you for being a part of the positive energy and personal connection that so many of us feel to this home, and area.

Reviewed 15 March 2013

This was the first visit to Maine and The Moorings inn was perfect place to stay. The staff was very helpful and pleasant. It was quiet and relaxing! We are going back this June, already have the reservations in place. We highly recommended The Moorings inn!!!
It was so nice to be on the quiet side of the Island and be close to all the activities. Got up in the morning , took the dog for a short walk and drank my coffee watching the sunrise over the ocean!!!! It was the most relaxing vacation!!!!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
MooringsInn, Manager at The Moorings Inn Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2013

We are so proud to enhance your relaxing experience. A tranquil taste of Maine we look forward to sharing with you again shortly.