Lindenwood Inn(Southwest Harbor)
US$249
The Claremont Hotel(Southwest Harbor)(Great Value!)
US$145
  • Breakfast included
Kimball Terrace Inn(Northeast Harbor)
US$157
Asticou Inn(Northeast Harbor)
US$281
Quality Inn(Bar Harbor)(Great Value!)
US$229
US$347
US$309
Hampton.com
  • Breakfast included
Priceline
The Harbour Cottage Inn(Southwest Harbor)
TripAdvisor
Pier One Vacation Rentals(Southwest Harbor)
TripAdvisor
Cafe Drydock & Inn(Southwest Harbor)
TripAdvisor
All reviewssomes soundquiet sidebar harborharbor activitymooring ballssunrise and sunsetminor issuecontinental breakfast isadirondack chairswatch the boatsscreened in porchacadia national parkperfect place to stayour honeymoonthe cottagesshort drivelobster
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We happened upon this wonderful B&B by accident while driving through Arcadia National Park. We got the last available room and it was magnificent! A picture window with the harbor was the view from our comfortable king-sized bed. We also had a sitting room/dressingroom and bath and our own private balcony with Victorian table and chairs. There is a great Mediterranean restaurant just down the road - Walker's. Exellent food and drink. Our room was "dedicated" to Queen Victoria and the whole house has to be seen. I could not believe the beautiful antiques in every room! The staff was most accomodating and we had a lovely continental breakfast before (reluctantly) departing the next morning. We hope to return soon.

Room Tip: I'm not sure if all rooms have a private bath - so I would ask!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
MooringsInn, Manager at The Moorings Inn Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

It is our pleasure that you had such a wonderful stay. And, yes all accommodations have their own private full bath. We hope your travels bring you back this way too.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

Be prepared to lose your deposit if you have to cancel. I had read the refund policy - no refunds unless the accommodation was rented to others - and was bothered by it, but we booked anyway as we loved the location. We had booked an apartment for a week in September 2013 but my wife was diagnosed with a broken vertebra that summer so we had to cancel about a month before our scheduled arrival. We lost our deposit of approximately 50%. I am glad I had not sent in the full amount yet.
I never heard another word from them. Should have gotten trip insurance that time...

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank spk52819

We wish the best to you and your wife on her health recovery.
Anytime a room does not re-rent we are able to offer a credit for a future stay. With no deadline to that credit. As long as there is enough of a heads up, as I believe to be the case with your reservation. Please reach out to us directly if you would in fact like a credit.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Have you ever had a complaint/concern about a hotel and requested a call back from the manager? Did the manager ever bypass returning your call and instead call your boyfriend to tell him that you're banned from coming to the hotel? Sound weird? Keep reading...

This place demands payment in full upfront and only gives refunds if they can rebook the room for all dates you cancel. I guess you just have to take their word for it that they could/could not rebook it. They also charge you a $75 fee to cancel, which I was not told over the phone. The manager here (Nicole) is very nice and helpful if you are trying to pick out a room, however the owner (Leslie) and her daughter (Tasha) are another story.

My boyfriend booked the Dauntless room for 2 nights in September for my birthday. The day after booking I read a lot of negative reviews on another website and heard from a friend who is from the area that this hotel is actually quite run down and doesn't exactly measure up to the pictures on the website.

I called the next day to find out more about the cancellation policy and ended up speaking with Tasha. She was extremely rude (hung up on me, had the phone on speaker while laughing, told me the $75 fee is because my boyfriend paid by credit card and that's what it costs them to process a credit card payment....etc, etc). At some point I told her I didn't like her attitude (to which she replied "Likewise"), left my phone number and requested a call back from the manager the following day. Later that day I get a call from my boyfriend (who paid for the room and therefore left his phone number for the booking) saying that Tasha's mother (Leslie, the owner) had called him and basically told him I was not welcome at the Moorings Inn based on what Tasha said about our conversation. She claimed she left church to come call him on a Sunday---why, I don't know since Tasha said I would receive a call the following day---and stated that she refused to even speak with me. She also mentioned that I called the place "seedy," which was completely taken out of context --I said charging a cancellation fee when I was told there was NO fee if they rebooked the room sounds seedy. Which in retrospect, wasn't exactly the word I was looking for. Shady maybe? Anyways...

My boyfriend was not involved in this conversation and had no idea I had even called when he received Leslie's phone call. I later found out Tasha is the owner's daughter, and everything made a little more sense. Completely unprofessional for the owner to listen to her daughter's side of the story only, call my boyfriend and talk badly about me rather than calling me back and responding to my complaint.

By far the strangest customer service experience I have ever had. In the end, Nicole apologized for the owner's behavior and my boyfriend did receive a refund. I personally do not want to deal with this mother/daughter duo's unprofessional behavior again. That said, my friend from the area recommended the Bayview or Bar Harbor Inn.

4  Thank Sara L
MooringsInn, Owner at The Moorings Inn Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

We are upfront about our cancellation policy, and are happy to talk through any questions that our guests may have. The policy is unique from those of chain owned hotels. However, quite comparable to those of other independently owned Inns and B&Bs.
We are continuously doing renovations so that the Inn steadily strives, while still maintaining the integrity of its historical presence.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

The Moorings Inn location is perfect - on the quiet side, right on the water, excellent views. Very picturesque. It is easy to get to Northeast and Bar Harbor and the many park entrances. From the time I called through our visit, the hosts were very accommodating and provided great restaurant and attraction suggestions for our short visit. I agree with two previous guest comments: (1) It is a little bit like staying at my Grandmother's house. The old charm was nice and didn't detract from our stay. In looking at the other B&Bs in the area, it seems that the decor is similar. (2) The continental breakfast was exactly as suggested by the host's comments - baked good, meat/cheese plate, fruit, coffee/tea, etc. We passed several bakeries in the area and I noticed a lot of local Maine things (blueberry jam, etc.) that could have been incorporated into the breakfast to make it unique. Again, it didn't detract from our stay. We happily ate what was provided. We hope to be back in Southwest Harbor again and would strongly consider staying at Moorings Inn again.

Room Tip: We stayed in Red Jacket and liked it. Private bathroom and screened in porch at the end of the building. We could hear the floors creaking above. Stay in a room with a water view. We may consider staying in a room upstairs if we come back.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

We pride ourselves that the Inn met or surpassed your expectations. We honor the integrity of this nautical historical family owned Inn while still listening to our guests and making those improvements where possible. Our vision for the Moorings Inn is to continue to be a summer vacation home for even more generations to come.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

We had a very nice stay at the moorings in June. Great room, watching the boats in the harbor, incredible sunsets , friendly staff. Here's the but...no breakfast except supermarket donuts (individually wrapped, right from the package!)! Or some boxed cereal. And no dining area anyway. We ended up buying fresh scones from the local bakery (How hard would that have been, hosts!). They claimed that this is only the case in preseason. But it was mid-June, and several rooms were occupied. Seemed like penny- pinching measures and misrepresentation. That being said. It was otherwise a quite lovely place. Too bad.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the water.
Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mixup60
MooringsInn, Manager at The Moorings Inn Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Our continental breakfast is designed for our Inn guests. As half of the accommodations on the property have their own kitchen or kitchenette. In an effort to provide lower rates up until June 15th we do not offer a continental breakfast until that time. For our off season travelers that may not be traveling with any food we provide donuts, hot & cold cereal, coffee, & tea. We provide this with off season rates.
From June 15th thru Columbus day we are on-season. This seasons breakfast consists of hard boiled eggs, meat platter, a baked good, fresh fruit, hot & cold cereal, coffee, juice, & tea. We are operating without a dinning room or kitchen, and at no added charge from our original on-season pricing.
We are pleased that the property and accommodations added to your vacation. We hope that you can visit us during the busier season too.