“Beautiful view, friendly, clean, quiet”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Southwest Harbor
The Moorings Inn Waterfront
Reviewed 18 August 2014

We enjoyed our stay, got great restaurant advice (Thurston's Lobster rolls are amazing), and watched the sunrise and sunset from our balcony. Breakfast was fresh and fine. Between a B&B and Inn...privacy and helpful staff, but larger.

1  Thank criticalcarol
MooringsInn, Manager at The Moorings Inn Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2014

The area for being quaint has a variety of eateries. Being on the quietside there are some beautiful on the water dining locations. As the inn does not have a communal dining room we do not do the B&B breakfast. However, we put out a generous continental breakfast to keep our guests happy, and provide the space for dreaming up the days adventures.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

Amazing location, water views! The rooms are just okay...We stayed in the Monarch, where there was a bed, chair, closet and a bathroom. The bathroom is tiny, but for a night or two will be okay. The breakfast consisted of a very decent coffee, muffins, cheese, salami, mini bagels and watermelon. It held us over until lunchtime, where we stuffed our face with lobster. The lobby has a ton of brochures of the maps and things to do. Would stay again! (Traveled as a couple, stayed two nights in August 2014).

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Yes, we have a variety of accommodations. Monarch is a favorite, but is one of our more practical options. One that I find to give you peace and quite at a great price, while still having the big ocean view just a door away. We are very pleased you also enjoyed the breakfast. Thank you for coming to stay. We hope you do return.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

We happened upon this wonderful B&B by accident while driving through Arcadia National Park. We got the last available room and it was magnificent! A picture window with the harbor was the view from our comfortable king-sized bed. We also had a sitting room/dressingroom and bath and our own private balcony with Victorian table and chairs. There is a great Mediterranean restaurant just down the road - Walker's. Exellent food and drink. Our room was "dedicated" to Queen Victoria and the whole house has to be seen. I could not believe the beautiful antiques in every room! The staff was most accomodating and we had a lovely continental breakfast before (reluctantly) departing the next morning. We hope to return soon.

Room Tip: I'm not sure if all rooms have a private bath - so I would ask!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
MooringsInn, Manager at The Moorings Inn Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

It is our pleasure that you had such a wonderful stay. And, yes all accommodations have their own private full bath. We hope your travels bring you back this way too.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

Be prepared to lose your deposit if you have to cancel. I had read the refund policy - no refunds unless the accommodation was rented to others - and was bothered by it, but we booked anyway as we loved the location. We had booked an apartment for a week in September 2013 but my wife was diagnosed with a broken vertebra that summer so we had to cancel about a month before our scheduled arrival. We lost our deposit of approximately 50%. I am glad I had not sent in the full amount yet.
I never heard another word from them. Should have gotten trip insurance that time...

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank spk52819

We wish the best to you and your wife on her health recovery.
Anytime a room does not re-rent we are able to offer a credit for a future stay. With no deadline to that credit. As long as there is enough of a heads up, as I believe to be the case with your reservation. Please reach out to us directly if you would in fact like a credit.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Have you ever had a complaint/concern about a hotel and requested a call back from the manager? Did the manager ever bypass returning your call and instead call your boyfriend to tell him that you're banned from coming to the hotel? Sound weird? Keep reading...

This place demands payment in full upfront and only gives refunds if they can rebook the room for all dates you cancel. I guess you just have to take their word for it that they could/could not rebook it. They also charge you a $75 fee to cancel, which I was not told over the phone. The manager here (Nicole) is very nice and helpful if you are trying to pick out a room, however the owner (Leslie) and her daughter (Tasha) are another story.

My boyfriend booked the Dauntless room for 2 nights in September for my birthday. The day after booking I read a lot of negative reviews on another website and heard from a friend who is from the area that this hotel is actually quite run down and doesn't exactly measure up to the pictures on the website.

I called the next day to find out more about the cancellation policy and ended up speaking with Tasha. She was extremely rude (hung up on me, had the phone on speaker while laughing, told me the $75 fee is because my boyfriend paid by credit card and that's what it costs them to process a credit card payment....etc, etc). At some point I told her I didn't like her attitude (to which she replied "Likewise"), left my phone number and requested a call back from the manager the following day. Later that day I get a call from my boyfriend (who paid for the room and therefore left his phone number for the booking) saying that Tasha's mother (Leslie, the owner) had called him and basically told him I was not welcome at the Moorings Inn based on what Tasha said about our conversation. She claimed she left church to come call him on a Sunday---why, I don't know since Tasha said I would receive a call the following day---and stated that she refused to even speak with me. She also mentioned that I called the place "seedy," which was completely taken out of context --I said charging a cancellation fee when I was told there was NO fee if they rebooked the room sounds seedy. Which in retrospect, wasn't exactly the word I was looking for. Shady maybe? Anyways...

My boyfriend was not involved in this conversation and had no idea I had even called when he received Leslie's phone call. I later found out Tasha is the owner's daughter, and everything made a little more sense. Completely unprofessional for the owner to listen to her daughter's side of the story only, call my boyfriend and talk badly about me rather than calling me back and responding to my complaint.

By far the strangest customer service experience I have ever had. In the end, Nicole apologized for the owner's behavior and my boyfriend did receive a refund. I personally do not want to deal with this mother/daughter duo's unprofessional behavior again. That said, my friend from the area recommended the Bayview or Bar Harbor Inn.

3  Thank Sara L
MooringsInn, Owner at The Moorings Inn Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

We are upfront about our cancellation policy, and are happy to talk through any questions that our guests may have. The policy is unique from those of chain owned hotels. However, quite comparable to those of other independently owned Inns and B&Bs.
We are continuously doing renovations so that the Inn steadily strives, while still maintaining the integrity of its historical presence.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Southwest Harbor
15.8 km away
Holiday Inn Bar Harbor Regency
15.4 km away
Bluenose Inn - A Bar Harbor Hotel

Been to The Moorings Inn Waterfront? Share your experiences!