The Moorings Inn Waterfront
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Southwest Harbor
See available hotels
The Claremont Hotel(Southwest Harbor)
  • Breakfast included
Lindenwood Inn(Southwest Harbor)
Seawall Motel(Southwest Harbor)
Harbor Ridge(Southwest Harbor)
  • Pool
Kimball Terrace Inn(Northeast Harbor)
Asticou Inn(Northeast Harbor)
View Hotel
High Seas Motel(Bar Harbor)
Quality Inn(Bar Harbor)
View Hotel
All reviewssomes soundquiet sidebar harborharbor activitymooring ballscontinental breakfast isadirondack chairswatch the boatsacadia national parkamazing locationperfect place to staythe cottageslobsterof mount desert islandantiquesyachtlighthouse
Reviewed 26 October 2010

We spent two nights in the Dauntless Suite and had an absolutely great time. Extremely comfortable, clean and very private. The location could not be better. The service was friendly and helpful. Without a doubt we will return.

Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 October 2010

We enjoyed three nites in Southwest harbor but I must say the Moorings Inn was a bit of a disappointment. While we had a den, a kitchen, and a bedroom, it was a bit smelly. I had a t.v. (rather old I might add) but limited channels. I had internet, only in the main portion of the inn, in the common area. I had to walk to another building to check websites on my laptop.I know it might sound lazy but I prefer to have internet in my own room. It wouldn't cost that much more for the innkeepers to have internet in all buildings. The location was divine and much quieter than the hustle and bustle of Bar Harbor so I can't complain about the views right on the water. Overall, I probably would stay somewhere else when visiting Acadia National Park.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 October 2010

our room was comfy enough and the view was great of the water and harbor. we liked being away from the bustle of Bar Harbor and found fine restaurants in SW Harbor nearby. The staff was pleasant and helpful. However, our room needed new sheets, bigger bars of soap, a hair dryer and less clutter. The continental breakfast was dismal and the walk to the front door needs updating for us seniors. We had to unplug things to find a way to plug in our phone charger and laptop; the wi fi worked fine. They want to do a cash upfront business and phoning vs emailing. Need to come into the modern era! And it was definitely pricey for what it was.

Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 September 2010

Stayed 2 nights as a walk-in. The first night at the in the Lookout Cottage, it was OK. We had intended to camp the next night, but decided to return and the only room was the Pilot House ($250!!). That spot is wonderful, though expensive. Decor is nice in the room, nice NEW bathroom with gigantic jacuzzi tub/shower combo. Great porch, great view.

The staff was very nice, and attentive.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 September 2010

The time we spent at the inn was very memorable. The staff went out of their way way to make our stay pleasant and they could not have been nicer or more helpful. Their local knownledge of the area was a great benefit for hiking, restaurants, stores, etc. The efficiency unit (kitchenette) we stayed in was perfect for traveling with a dog. If your looking for a chain hotel, with a sterile ambience, this is not your place. However, if you enjoy off the between path (as this is called the quiet side of the island), with a friendly relaxed environment and outstanding views, the Moorings Inn will suit you well.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family