Open Hearth Inn(Trenton)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 29/07
US$105
Eden Village Motel and Cottages(Bar Harbor)(Great Value!)
US$195
Best Western Acadia Park Inn(Bar Harbor)(Great Value!)
US$241
Cancelon
Acadia Pines Motel(Bar Harbor)(Great Value!)
US$160
US$169
  • Pool
Leona's Motel(Trenton)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsgreat valuefriendly hostsminute drivestayed nightsvisiting bar harbortwo double bedsfree wififull kitchencaseygatewaymotelacadiaownercottagetrafficmaine
Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

My wife and I stayed for three nights while visiting Bar Harbor and Acadia. About 25 minute drive to each. Very dated but clean and comfortable. For the price we paid, it was as expected. It was a fraction of the price of other hotels in the area and satisfied our need to sleep and shower.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 August 2017

We were going to be arriving late and leaving early so I was looking for an affordable place and we were not concerned about amenities. Check in was a breeze, each room has its own parking space right outside the room, and it was quiet. We walked across the (busy) street for dinner. Our room had 2 double beds - the room was clean, but by no means modernly decorated. The bathroom features were also dated, but completely functional. I considered this location to be a easy drive into Bar Harbor at a no frills price.

Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

We decided to leave for our vacation a few days early so to make sure we had a room before checking into our other motel I made a one night reservation here. BIG MISTAKE.
It was myself, my wife and my son (whom is 9 years old and autistic).
When the reservation was made I was clear to let them know that my son is autistic and travels with his service dog.
Upon check in I found that the motel had already charged my room to my credit card even though I told him on the phone that I would prefer to pay cash upon arrival. Not a big deal. The manager hands me the key to the room and after a long drive I was looking forward to a hot shower and a short nap.
The shower was dirty to start and there was NO HOT WATER.
The floors throughout the room were ratty and disgusting.
But all I wanted was a few hours of sleep.
About an hour later I was awakened to yelling outside my door. The manager was screaming at my wife because of my son's service dog. My wife was so upset she told me that the manager had given us 5 minutes to pack up and leave the motel. I got dressed and went down to the office where the manager started yelling at me. I quickly went into defense mode and ripped into him.
I explained to him that although I didn't have to I told him on the phone that we traveled with my son's service dog. The dog is Fully Certified and licensed. I showed him the license which he even took into the back room to photocopy. I then explained to him that he was in violation of federal law to which he replied that he did not care about the law and that He makes the law in his property.
I told him that if he wanted us to leave he would need to have is removed but if he ever yelled at my wife like that again he would be in for a rude awakening.
I left the office and went back to my room. All flustered from the encounter i couldn't even sleep. So i ended up spending the rest of the evening sitting on the porch.
The next morning we left to go to our regularly scheduled motel. Upon checking my phone later that day i noticed that the jerk in the motel had charged me an additional night for the service dog. SO ILLEGAL.
Im now fighting the charge and am in contact with the health department for his violations of the AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT.
I will not give up until this horrible motel owner is disciplined for his actions.

3  Thank JOSHUA3215
Management response:Responded 22 August 2017

This guest never called us to let us know he is also coming with his son and two large service dogs. The reservation was only for two adults. We found out about the dogs after another quest complain about them and we never charged him for them since they were service dog. Service dogs are allowed in our motel but only in certain rooms since many people who come are allergenic to pets.

Casey

Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

The location of the motel is convenient for the national park and nearby restaurants. The room is clean. We were worry about the noise during the night and early morning, but it turned to be ok. Was very quite at night.
The bathroom was kind of small. Air conditioner was loud and we turned off at night since it was only around 60F.
Coffee is avail with some mini doughnuts. But we went to Bar Barbour for BK.
For the price, it is the decent place for one night sleep.

Reviewed 7 August 2017

This hotel offers several different size rooms. We stayed in one of the old cabins and it was claustrophobic. Too small to be comfortable. So small that the clothes rack hangs over the single full bed. No dresser, no clock, no phone, and the TV was a small tube type from the 1990s. The bathroom was also very cramped. Apparently the other rooms are nicer. The little cabins are best for one person, max. Also it is situated just a few feet from the main highway into Bar Harbor and the traffic noise is VERY loud.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple