“Hockey puck cupcakes!”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Sticky Fingers
Reviewed 5 September 2011

Our experience with Sticky Fingers started in January of 2011. We were planning our wedding for September of that year. My fiance heard about them through another bakery that was booked and decided to call to make an appointment for a tasting. They seemed extremely nice and professional on the phone. They convinced us that if we did not put a deposit down immediately we could lose our chance to book them. This is before we even went for a tasting. Big mistake, but the other bakery (a reputable one) had recommended them. The prices they quoted over the phone ($500 for a nicely decorated cake for 100 people) were actually about double that, and that was just for chocolate or vanilla not the fancier ones. When we went to the tasting is when they sprung this on us. After an hour plus long slide show we got to the tasting (boring as hell but we were being polite). My fiance could not even eat half of the bite sized pieces(12 total) before she started to feel nauseous and she has a sweet tooth. After a night of illness and with the newfound realization that we would have to double our budget to get the cake we wanted, we decided to try and find another bakery. With 8 months plus notice and within a week of making the deposit our request for a refund was denied. Then all comunication was cut off on their side. We were not going to give them our money for nothing though. Finally they responded to an email. I explained to them our situation and our reasons. They would not budge. So we ordered $200 (the deposit) worth of chocolate cupcakes with starfish decorations on them. My mother inlaw picked them up the day before the wedding. We were disappointed from our first sight of them. The starfish looked like they were made by a kindergarden class. We decided to try them before we served them to our guests. We were glad we did. I had to sweep more up off the floor than i got in my mouth. They were dry, crumbly and tasteles. Needless to say they were not served. We are going to hold onto them though. I like to play pond hockey in the winter and i always lose pucks in the snow banks. It will be awhile before i have to buy anymore. Luckily my fiance had found another bakery to make us a beautiful delicious cake for $300 for 100 people. Wish we had gone there first.

4  Thank chris h