“Good Pick in Waterville”

Joseph's Fireside Steakhouse
Ranked #2 of 93 Restaurants in Waterville
Price range: US$8 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: We are a slightly upscale Steakhouse that also serves a nice variety of Seafood as well as Baby Back Ribs. Our Vegetarian selection is sure to please the most delicate of pallets.
Reviewed 12 December 2017

Located off the beaten path next to Pine Ridge Golf Course, you may have to look for it. The food was very good, my only criticism was that the chicken cordon bleu was a bit salty, but may have been the ham so I won't put much stock in that. Next time, will try a steak or burger since this is a steak house. The atmosphere is comfortable and the service friendly. Definitely one of the best in Waterville area.

Reviewed 1 December 2017

First vist was a last minute decision wiht my husband and I and we sat in the bar area at a high top table. Super service, super drinks, good burgers. Cooked perfectly, served as ordered etc. Couldn't be happier.

Second visit I cannot say it was bad, it turned out fantastic DUE TO THE MANAGER and WAITER. My husband and I BOTH ordered the teriyaki tips.
We had the Bruchetta as appetizer which was good on night #1 but Much BETTER night #2. First night bread was thin and dry....second night bread was thicker and moist but still toasted. Second night was AWESOME Bruchetta.
The drinks on both nights were great. (I make my own type drink...not off the menu and they do it excellent!)

So the differences... First night was burgers and everything was fine.
Second night, the tips were weird.
So weird I refused to eat them. I had a nibble off two, then had to push them aside. They had a consistancy of JELLO. Yes that jiggly wiggly jello.
My husbands were as well.
Where they were marinated, I felt maybe they were raw.....but no, they were crispy on the outside....but the texture was HORRIBLE.
So I couldn't eat them and my husband could only eat about half of his.

I brought it to the attention of the manager. HE DID WONDERFULLY.
He made sure he took it away and removed off the bill. he then had a filet (MY CHOICE) cooked and served, PERFECTLY.
He also had anothe rorder of the tips cooked so he could sample them and see what if anything was the issue....sure enough,he ADMITTED it. They were weird.
They removed the entire batch from the kitchen and replaced with a fresh batch!
THE RIGHT THING TO DO.
He claimed they are "Vacuum marinated" and it's possible they were over marinated?? I have no idea but they were horrible!
I am SO IMPRESSED that Josephs was professional enough to ADMIT something wasn't right and MAKE IT RIGHT!
We understand that SOMETHINGS happen and nothing is ALWAYS perfect. It's a fact of life....but to ADMIT IT AND MAKE IT RIGHT, I'm imporessed.

They removed both tips from the bill and charged me for the filet...which is FAIR, but to me they should have let the filet go as a "thank you for letting them know the batch was bad and for not losing 20 customers".
BUT I'm okay with it. I ate it and enjoyed it, so I don't mind paying for it.

I will return as the issue was handled EXCELLENT and WITH CLASS!
THANK YOU JOSIAH and "manager" (SORRY I didn't catch name!!)

Reviewed 28 November 2017

This place has become my go to place in Waterville. Not easy to find, thank god I had a GPS, but definitely worth the hunt to find it.

Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

Joseph's is always good. My only concerns stem from how noisy the restaurant is & the fact that on occasion I have to send a steak back because it is medium or medium rare when I also ask for medium well. Rolls are rally good and the staff is wonderful.

Reviewed 9 November 2017 via mobile

We like to eat at the bar, so can't really speak to dining room service. The food is consistent good. Hubby gets steak and lobster tail. I got the last serving of squash ravioli, before they took it off the menu,but look forward to trying the mushroom replacement.