“You don't know it yet but this will be your favorite local restaurant”
Review of 18 Below Raw Bar

18 Below Raw Bar
Ranked #5 of 87 Restaurants in Waterville
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 7 November 2017

We live local, and we will drive about anywhere for an excellent steak. We've eaten there 3 times everything about the place is excellent, atmosphere , service, price, and just a very nice place. The reason for this review is their steak. I had a medium rare, n.y. strip. I really wasn't expecting much, I was too busy yacking to be concerned what I was ordering. This is no reflexion on the restaurant. What did happen was I received one of the best meals I have ever received in my life.I can honestly say you would be hard pressed to get a better steak than they serve. It was delicious, and the cooking was superb. I can honestly say the steak could of been cut with a fork.. After the meal I hunted up the owners Father and Chief to let them know my appreciation. He was very happy for my opinion, and revealed a secret to me. His son is extremely particular of the products he serves. In regards to steak their restaurant is one of five in New England that serves that type of steak.He would not tell me but they are relatively exclusive restaurants .!!!! Thats my 2 cents

1  Thank rascalWinslow_maine

Reviewed 27 October 2017 via mobile

Delicious egg plant done just right. The restaurant is called 18 below because there are allegedly 18 steps down to get into the restaurant. After counting, there are, in fact, only 17 steps.

Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

Disappointment, again. My colleagues suggested taking a visitor to dinner at 18 Below although I demurred because I had a disappointing meal at the restaurant earlier in the year. Nevertheless, we arrived for an early dinner with only a single table with other occupants. Service was slow, and it would appear that the kitchen wasn't fully prepared to begin service. Once again, I attempted to see if the staff could prepare their sushi-grade Ahi Tuna rare; another guest also ordered the tuna. When the entrees ultimately arrived, both of the filets were way overcooked. Not even a hint of pink in the middle of the steak. We sent them back to the kitchen for a re-fire and when the dishes arrived near the end of our other guest's meals, the tuna was, indeed, rare in the middle. Rare and cold to the touch. If the kitchen staff isn't able of preparing a dish, why not just remove it from the menu unless, of course, the profit margin is high. Disappointed, once again.

Reviewed 6 October 2017 via mobile

Great food. Tasty soup. Fresh clams and oysters. The Diver scallops cooked perfectly. The seafood trio well prepared and cooked. The service was attentive. A great choice for intimate dining or groups.

Reviewed 18 August 2017

2nd Business Dinner here and disappointed again.

Service is good, server knowledgeable and responsive.

Menu – Just tell me what it is in ENGLISH. If it is scallops just say that.

Food – Last time it was dry and tasteless steak, this time DRY and TASTELESS chicken. Potato wedges taste like they came in a frozen packet from Wal-Mart. Vegetables were overcooked.

Would I go back? – No, would not have gone if it wasn’t a business dinner planed by my manager.

1  Thank TexanTravels22