“Lotsa Lasagna!!!!”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

After spending an afternoon golfing with friends we were searching for Italian food in Waterville. A quick Google search showed Amici's and the great TripAdvisor reviews finalized our choice - it was a good one! The staff (Kate & Emily) were warm & friendly and the food was wonderful! Delicious pasta in huge portions (lotsa lasagna leftovers!) and reasonable prices. A great find!!!

Reviewed 14 July 2017

It's not surprising that the best food in Maine is found along coastal towns. So what's a flatlander to do? TripAdvisor - it get's the job done! Based on some friends and this site we decided to give Amici's a try. A few basics first - plenty of on street parking, comfortable seating (about 25 tables), nice decor and you could go in there wearing a polo shirt. It's like a North End restaurant catering to a rural Maine crowd. Linen napkins, tattooed wait staff. The tables are close and it's a bit noisy, but not unlike what you'd find in NY or Boston. They had a mix of soft rock and Las Vegas Brat Pack music keeping things lively. Jazz or classical might be a better match for the nice room and food. We went on a Tuesday night around 7 and were seated right off. I bet on a weekend there'd be a wait - besides The Last Unicorn, there's not much in Waterville at this level. This is a perfect location if you are going to a show at the Waterville Opera House, but not too close to show time or it might be mobbed.

Our server (Kate) was friendly, but not obnoxious. Great service at a good pace. Full wine list. I had the Saltimbocca (pasta & chicken), my wife had the Pasta Caprese (pasta, wine and tomatoes) - both were excellent, decent portions and nicely plated. I also had the house salad - tasty, a bit small. My wife had the French Onion soup - fine, nothing out of the ordinary. The desserts were outstanding. We shared a Crème Brulée cheesecake and a Limoncello cake with white chocolate - fabulous. All food was quite reasonably priced - mid $$.

So we now have another "go to" restaurant to add to our slim I-95 list of winners (another 20 min down the road in Hallowell is The Liberal Cup & Slates). I hope they stick around - we'll be back for sure!

Reviewed 20 June 2017

We had recently been to a Red Sox game while on vacation several weeks ago and visited Boston's North end for an authentic taste of Italy. However, I brought my husband out for Father's Day this weekend to Amici's Cucuna in Waterville and the food was seriously better than our meal in Boston. The wait to get into this restaurant was only 10 min without a reservation, we were served drinks and seated in a comfortable sofa area (in Boston had to wait an hour on the sidewalk and another hour before the meal came). Everything was homemade, the bread was incredible and fresh tasted almost a little like a donut - the dough was crispy on the outside but chewy inside and we made sure to eat it all so we could have a second serving :). Baked brie appetizer was well presented with amazing crustini and fruit. But the best was my husband's meal of Saltimbocca (he had the chicken) the sauce was to die for! We soaked the remainder of the crustini in it so we would not waste the taste and were tempted to lick the plate even after that. I had chicken picatta and while excellent, I would suggest toning down the amount of lemon and garlic for my taste anyway was a little strong. Jamie was our waitress and said it was her first night serving tables alone which did not show. She was very sweet, conversant, and any request or need we had was efficiently addressed. We will be back here as we were pleasantly surprised and can't wait to sample the rest of the menu!! We were told the cook and his wife who own the place make all of their menu items homemade ie meatballs, sausage, breads, etc......it does not get any better than this! Don't bother driving to Boston, eat locally in Waterville instead, kudos to this restaurant for high quality mouth watering food!

Reviewed 4 June 2017

Recently visited this little gem on Main St in Waterville, Maine for the first time and have since made another trip there. Our first visit the place was very busy, but we were accommodated in 5 short minutes of a wait. The service was exceptional. Along with traditional Italian fare they have a changing specials menu which on our last visit had a fiddle head dish that was hands down the best plate of fiddle heads I've ever had. This place is a little on the pricier side, but the quality and service makes it justifiable.

Reviewed 27 April 2017

Have gone here several times over the past few years and can honestly say we've never been disappointed. The food is as authentic Italian you can get without traveling there yourself. We've tried different things every time (with the exception of their hand made meatballs, a MUST have) and every time the food is excellent and always fair priced. Service is great, went before a show at the Opera House and even though we were pressed for time the staff was amazingly accommodating.