Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
1,123 results
All reviews washer and dryer master bedroom full kitchen top floor game room indoor pool home away from home third floor get away southern maine hot tub great place to stay wells beach long weekend lobster short drive condo
Selected filters
Reviewed 17 October 2021

Not all rooms are equal even if the layout is! The owner was cheap! Only had silverware for 4, just tossed in a drawer! I think there were 6 coffee cups, and only one thin blanket per bedroom. So we were constantly hand washing glasses and silverware. I wasn’t going to run the dishwasher each day for that! Only the master bedroom had AC, I wasn't in that room, there were days when I would have liked to cool my bedroom down. And don’t get me started on the TV, with 3 remotes and hardly any instructions! The people above us constantly walked back and forth and moved furniture. They woke us early each morning as they trampled down the stairs and slammed the door behind them. I guess it’s luck of the draw! We’ve had better luck in the past. Try not to rent #1B.

Room tip: Skip room #1B.
Management response:Responded 19 October 2021

Hello and thank you for your review. I would like to thank you for pointing out the unit that you were in. Please understand that the kitchen inventory is up to our team and should not be a direct reflection of the owner. I apologize if our inventory was off in this unit but please note that you can always call on us to bring more items as needed. On a side note we are actively exploring alternative options for cable TV as we understand that the TV can be difficult to operate. Have a wonderful day and please feel welcome to contact me directly to discuss this further.

Reviewed 16 October 2021

We liked it the first two times. The first two times I stayed at Village by the Sea it was lovely. The first time we had an ocean view and a lovely room. The second time I didn’t know to ask for the Oceanview and so we didn’t have that but everything else was fine. The third time I asked for an ocean view and was told I had one. When I was quoted the price for the room, I was surprised because it was getting into fall and the room was more expensive than my visit of two weeks prior. The hotel clerk told me that was because I had an ocean view now. So, I imagine my surprise when I got to the room and there was no Oceanview. And what I was paying extra for was a loft that we never used or wanted. I was pretty upset by the miscommunication. Also, when we had a lobster dinnerIn house, we discovered that the table was so wobbly at one end that we weren’t able to sit there. We were very disappointed with the room, as it was not what we had been told during the phone call. And we paid extra for a loft we didn’t want or need.

Room tip: Be very clear when getting a room that you’re getting what you ask for.
Date of stay: September 2021
Management response:Responded 19 October 2021

Hello and thank you for your review. I would like to apologize for any misunderstanding in rate and accommodations. Can you tell me which unit you were in? With this information I will promptly look into this and get back to you. Jill R.

Reviewed 16 October 2021 via mobile

Great say at Village By The Sea! Stayed the weekend of Oct 15. Stayed in Unit 3F. So quiet and a sneak of a view of the marsh and you could hear the ocean at night. The deck was wonderful for early morning coffee or a late day beer. The unit was immaculate. We did not cook. Very spacious and nicely decorated. We did not use the facilities but it was centrally located to everything!! So quiet and off the traffic path going to Ogunquit!! Would totally recommend!

Date of stay: October 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 19 October 2021

Hello and thank you for your review. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your accommodations and the local area. It is certainly a wonderful place for a fantastic getaway or vacation. Be sure to come back to see us again soon. Jill R.

Reviewed 8 October 2021

We stayed at Village by the sea for a family weekend and had a wonderful time. Village by the Sea is clean and quiet and convenient to all points in south coastal Maine. We loved our unit. It was very clean and comfortable. We used the kitchen for meals and had everything we needed. We also had a lovely view of the ocean in the distance! We have before and will stay here again!!

Management response:Responded 19 October 2021

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay and all that Village by the Sea has to offer. Come back to see us again soon. Jill R.

Reviewed 1 October 2021 via mobile

My husband, 2 friends, and I stayed in a 2 bedroom for a weekend- Room 14E. The master bedroom had an en-suite full bath, good sized closet, for longer stays plenty of dresser room to unpack. Second bedroom was plenty spacious with a bed, dresser, good sized closet. And another full bath in the main living area. The kitchen, dining, and living room were all open to one another. Kitchen was well stocked, plates, bowls, glasses, silverware. Everything we could have needed for our stay. The living room had a couple of couches and chair. One couch was a pull out which was very comfortable. It was beautiful, updated, and very clean! We stayed for a wedding on site which was lovely as well! The staff we came across were all very friendly. Our room was top floor with a beautiful view. Patio table and chairs out on our balcony as well! The room was close the pool(indoor and outdoor)/gym/arcade and main building. Ample parking as well! Hope to stay again soon- this time explore the area a little!

Date of stay: September 2021
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Management response:Responded 4 October 2021

Hi Mallary, I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review. Unit 14E is a top floor premium unit and is certainly a great unit for your first stay. We hope to see you again in the future, please note that all units are individual owned and the decor is different in all units however, if you really like that unit be sure to request it when reserving with us again in the future. Have a wonderful day! Jill R.