“Great Pizza!”
Review of Home Town Pizza

Home Town Pizza
Ranked #48 of 71 Restaurants in Wells
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We’re staying in Wells for Easter and were craving pizza—we usually go to another place that’s a little closer to our hotel but it was closed for Easter so we went searching for an open pizza place. We stumbled onto Home Town Pizza and were pleasantly surprised! The inside looks like it was recently renovated and looks great! We ordered a cheese pizza and loved it! It tasted like a pizza is supposed to! They cooked the pizza so the cheese browned a little just how we like it—unlike many chain restaurants where the pizza is still all white. We devoured our pizza—we will definitely be stopping by the next time we’re in Wells. Food was great and the service was, too!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We have gotten take-out from Home Town Pizza 3 times. Their turkey sub is pretty good, not a lot of meat, but for the price, I didn't expect a lot. My husband liked his sausage sub, sauce was good, sausage was sliced thin. He also has gotten a steak and cheese sub, which he wasn't thrilled about. Again, not a lot of meat, and the quality just wasn't that good. I got a chicken cutlet sub, which was good. The rolls are especially good! Hard to find good sub rolls in Maine! And their fries are good (crinkle cut), but a small order is very small! We also ordered a large meatball pizza. It was chunks of their small meatballs - a fair amount. Sauce was good. Crust was TERRIBLE - my favorite part is the soft crust around the edge - I couldn't even bite through this - hard as a rock!

Overall - it is an okay local sub shop, but we'll be going elsewhere for pizza.

Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

Today we got a wonderful pepperoni pizza. There was a pepperoni in each bite, and I appreciate that it wasn't a greasy pizza. We also had some onion rings. The onion rings were good, but I really love their fries.
Friendly service

Reviewed 10 March 2018

I've eaten take out from here twice and have mixed results. The pepperoni pizza was excellent!

The sandwiches and sausage were not good though. The rolls, sauce, and cheese were good, but the meat in the sandwiches tasted cheap/frozen. The meatballs in the sandwich looked and tasted like canned Chef Boyardee. They were extremely small.

My second order was a pepperoni and sausage pizza and a sausage grinder. The sausage was bad. Thinly sliced and probably frozen. Sausage on pizza should be fresh and crumbled. My sandwich had just a few thinly sliced frozen pieces. Sausage in a sandwich should be links. This way you know it's not cheap frozen junk.

Fresh is best!