Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews hot tub indoor pool small kitchenette wells beach maine coast picnic area short drive lobster motel microwave pet sink dog ogunquit beaches route grocery
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 September 2021

Perfect location , close to all beaches , stores, dining places, antique stores, mini golf . Safe to walk around the city.
Clean room, pleasant staff, front desk Katie was very professional and friendly.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 27 August 2021

We stay here every time we are in wells . Two or three times a year , always clean , priced right , quiet , centrally located to all the beach areas and restaurants really nice front desk people , and accommodating

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank raugeri01
Derry Downey, Owner at Sea Mist Resort Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2021

Hi raugeri01,
Thank you for you frequent patronage, much appreciated. So glad to hear that Sea Mist once again met your expectations.

Reviewed 22 August 2021

When I first saw the ratings and the price, I booked the hotel. When we got there the grounds were very nice but the room was old, smelly and dark. It was clean, but it was so old, it almost didn't matter. The beds were the most uncomfortable beds I have ever slept in and I lived in a college dorm. There were only 3 of us but there was no room. I felt like I was jumping over the beds. We ended up having to leave early because of the hurricane. I understand that they can't refund you, but it would have been nice if they offered something as it is completely out of our control.

Room tip: It's clean but old...

831jaclyna,
Very sorry to hear you were unsatisfied with your visit. We consider Sea Mist to be an economy class motel and we price it accordingly. We strive to offer value for dollar by providing a few extras and clean accommodations. Bedding is always subjective, we receive just as many compliments as complaints. We have completed a number of upgrades in recent years including a new pool, hot tub, sun patio and playground. We have once again turned our main focus to the rooms (unfortunately we can not do much about their size...that was dictated by the Town of Wells planning board). We have completed sixteen rooms to date with new furniture & flooring but were handed a set back with Covid. We are hoping to complete another fifteen rooms next year. We are sorry that you needed to cut your stay short. You did reserve the room and we held it for your use.
Most people stayed and weathered the storm here.

Reviewed 18 August 2021

We have always stayed at the Sea Mist this was out 5th year there. We booked our trip In May, 2021. Received confirmation and it was all set. Prior to us going there, Our Dog passed away, and I called the resort to see if it would be o.k. to bring our 6 lb 6 year old other dog, as we didn't want to leave her alone. I placed a call a week ahead and spoke with the front desk, ( Beth) and she advised it would be fine. I was like great. We drove 3 hours to the Sea Mist and when we got there were told we did not have a pet friendly room and she can't stay, so I stated fine we then need to cancel the reservation, and was told we would be charged regardless. Mind you, with COVID and Lack of workers, I remained calm, until Katie shift was over and wanted to go home, and just left my conversation. I asked to speak to the manager and she became very upset with me, and gave me an attitude, Katie left, I than was dealing with Beth, and she stated, there is a $ 1000.00 fine for having a pet. I stated I called and was advised it was o.k. Well your reservation doesn't state pet, i stated correct as I didn't plan on bringing the pet, but called and was told it was o.k. She tried telling me only 3 people work in the office, Beth, Katie, and Angela, and none of us spoke with you. I than asked to speak to the manager or have a contact number to speak with him, they would not give it to me. We ended up staying, and my husband had to drive our dog home 3 hours, and came back the following day. Due to the customer service at this motel, we will not be staying there, I have also given it this place out to 10 others family in the last 5 years, and I have told them all about my experience recently and they will no longer be staying there as well. Plans change, If I hadn't been told it was o.k. to bring her we wouldn't have, but there didn't even try to fix it by offering a room that was pet friendly. The website indicated pet friendly as well, and the couple next to us had a dog, and they weren't in a pet friendly room. I asked how they could have the pet here, and he stated, we told the front desk and there is a $ 300.00 fee/ deposit etc. I told him of my story and he stated interesting. I stated I thought so too. Overall just disappointed as we loved it here, my kids love the pool, guess we will find another place to spend our family vacations. All I was hoping for was great customer service and a little understanding! Time to move on...... Customer Service was HORRIBLE!

Room tip: States Pet friendly on the website... and IT"S NOT
1  Thank B9966CCtraceyl

Hello B9966CCtraceyl,
Very sorry to hear of your experience at Sea Mist. All sounds as though possibly a misunderstanding. Depending on how the original question was asked, office may have thought you had reserved a pet room. Sea Mist is Pet Friendly, however we only allow pets in Pet Friendly rooms. Many people have allergies, some serious...so we have designed rooms. If we had a pet room available we most assuredly would have offered it to you. Due to the help shortage and the local housing shortage we have taken a few extended stay rentals... the motel earns something and does not have to clean the room and the area gains a few additional workers. One of these guests had a pet. The cost of the deep cleaning was factoring into the rental agreement & their large security deposit will be used for repairs should there be any permanent damage. The deep cleaning will be done off-season when there is more time available. We had someone sneak a cat in... that destroyed the carpet, hence the $1,000 fine. The office people do not involve management for issues that are already resolved. You may not like the answer but the answer was not going to change. We are down 1/2 dozen workers this season, we cannot afford to have them spend additional time deep cleaning rooms at the height of the season. Really sorry we were not able to accommodate your needs and to have lost a customer. There is only so much that can be accomplished while short handed.

Reviewed 14 August 2021

The resort has a nice indoor pool and hot tub and the beaches are only several miles away. It is located on US-1 with plenty of restaurants and stores within driving distance. The staff are pretty friendly.

Date of stay: August 2021
Review collected in partnership with RCI