“Great place”
Review of Big Fin Poke

Big Fin Poke
Ranked #1 of 65 Restaurants in Westbrook
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This place rocks! What an idea, sushi in a bowl! Pick your favorite items and sit down and enjoy! Fresh food, nice idea.

Reviewed 6 August 2017

My daughter & I just tried this new place in downtown Westbrook. Big Fin is located on Maine street by Valle Square. There is easy off street parking along side and out back. The inside is about 2 floors high so the acoustics do not make for great conversation but it is open & very clean. We sat by the front window and watch the evening traffic.
I agree with an earlier reviewer who noted that the setup is like Subway. You stop at various sections to add what you like to your bowl after choosing your base of rice or greens and the various proteins offered. You are making their variation of a Chirashi bowl. The add-ons are really flavorful and do make the bowl taste great so don't be bashful--try them all if you what. We had a rice base and a greens base with 2 proteins for the regular bowl and 3 for the larger bowl. We both had the creamy wasabi sauce which was very flavorful & had a great hot after bite. The food was very fresh and tasty. We are definitely going to return soon.

Reviewed 11 July 2017

What a great new place. Westbrook needed this restaurant! Its the freshest most delicious food I have had in a long time.
Love that each time we go we can select something different to try.

Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

This is a great place for sushi bowls. It's like a subway but with Tuna/Salmon etc, pick what you want. You won't be disappointed. 5 stars!

Reviewed 30 June 2017

I love pretty much all kinds of food, but have an affinity for Asian oriented foods. So many Chinese, Thai, Vietnamese, etc. places in the Portland area are not authentic, rather highly Americanized. Poke is of Hawaiian origin (clearly influenced by the so many Asians that make Hawaii what it is). This food is delish. If you don't think you like raw fish, this is a fabulous way to try it out. If you like sushi, check this place out. We get take out regularly. My husband always goes for the spicy tuna and I custom make mine based on my mood. It is always excellent. $20 for a filling and healthy dinner for 2.