The Frog and Turtle
Reserve with OpenTable
The Frog and Turtle is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 66 Restaurants in Westbrook
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: American, French
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Main St.
Description: What is a gastro pub?” Gastronomy is the study of preparing and consuming food. A pub is a neighborhood spot for affordable food and good times. When you combine the two you get a neighborhood spot with a focus on food prepared from scratch with fresh ingredients.
Reviewed 22 April 2017 via mobile

A few of these reviews are unfair with kids. There's no kids menu for a reason. Probably not the best place for kids. My two cents. Always great food. Love the cocktail menu. Always get the poutine. Great service. Would recommend to anyone.

Reviewed 18 March 2017 via mobile

I should have known when I called to book and asked for a table of 9 and the guy (Adam) did not put me on mute before saying to someone else "I'm not going to touch that", that I should have just hung up.

Let's see, the food was good and the service was friendly, but what a disaster.

Took 56 minutes from ordering before the main meal arrived. Not good with 4 kids at the table. Promised bread, but never received. Not a single refill of drinks for the kids. Or a single refill of their water.

Never again and will tell all our friends the same. If the owners want to discuss then please see the phone number on my bill (17 March, $308.88 before tip)

Reviewed 2 March 2017 via mobile

My wife and I have eaten here four times. The first three were great, so we had very high expectations for our "Valentine's Day" dinner out, driving from our home 45-minutes away. With two little kids (5- and 2-years old), we don't get out much. Unfortunately, our experienced was mixed. My wife had a good meal; my experience was, well below average.

The server was very pleasant, but it was difficult to get her(or others) attention. I was delivered a flat soda and had to wait quite a while before I could get a new one ... and only after I was able to flag down the bartender as she was walking by. My entree (their usually solid burger) was not cooked to order; I ordered it cooked well but it was delivered rare. That in itself wouldn't have been a huge problem, but it was ice cold in the middle. We tried for more about 20-minutes to get our server's attention, and she looked at us directly twice while we waved for her, with no luck. When we did get her attention, she offered me a new burger, but my wife had finished and I wasn't going to have her sit and wait for new meal and me to eat ... killing time on our rare, precious-for-us night out. The server was kind enough to comp the burger from the bill, but the overall experience was a big disappointment.

We've decided that we'll give The Frog and Turtle another try before passing final judgement (given our other good meals there in the past) but right now I would not recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 21 February 2017 via mobile

I had a great time here last weekend! The donuts were AMAZING. I wish we could have tried them all! The rest of brunch was also tasty. The service was good, restaurant was clean, and we had a really relaxed time. I will definitely be back the next time we're in the area!

Reviewed 18 January 2017 via mobile

We recently had dinner with family and many friends at the Frog & Turtle. We've been here before and had enjoyed the food and music. This visit was even better. I had a mixed green salad with grilled steak and a fabulous garlic dressing. Absolutely delicious. My husband had a mammoth sized burger cooked to perfection. Live music, which was fantastic and the seating was comfortable. Great night!