“Another wonderful meal!”

Ranked #1 of 32 Restaurants in Wiscasset
Price range: US$8 - US$35
Cuisines: American, Italian
Reviewed 5 November 2017

This is the 2nd time we've eaten at the LVB and it didn't disappoint. I called a few hours before to get a reservation and they only had a very early or a very late. I asked if I could just show up and get a table. He said it was first come, first serve. So my husband and I took our chances and arrived at 5:30 with no reservation. I was told by the hostess there were no tables available and our only option was the bar. We found two seats at the bar and had a wonderful dinner. First, the bartender was lovely. She was very sweet, very knowledgeable and a delight to talk to. We had the shrimp scampi and the fish and chips. We also had the crab cakes for an appetizer. The food was delicious, fresh and prepared perfectly. The prices are so reasonable! My fish and chips came with homemade pickles and they were the best pickles I have ever had. You can tell that the owner takes pride in each dish he prepares. The ambiance and professionalism of the wait staff is wonderful! I am so happy to have this little gem of a restaurant so close to home!

Reviewed 16 October 2017

Called at the last minute and was able to get the last open spot at 8:30. I had the Duck and my wife the scallops. Both were excellent. I always order duck if available and I would put this one at number 2 (Number 1 was about 20 years ago). Waitress Chelsea was very efficient and friendly. I was pleasantly surprised by the low prices and well priced wine list (20-40% below what I would have seen in Boston).

Reviewed 27 September 2017

We were a party of six, which I guess is large for the restaurant which seats only about 40. Our table was cramped but workable.

The food was excellent, but the portions were small. Also, don't have opera tickets when dining here - our party ordered only entrees, and we waited almost an hour after ordering.

1  Thank SabreSailor
Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

This restaurant has wonderful food and very friendly service. The beet salad was delicious as well as was the scallop main coarse and the shrimp scampi. The crabmeat stuffed haddock was so, so. The stuffing was tasty but the haddock was dry.
The blueberry puff pastry was weary tasty.
Although the service was friendly it was spread thin. The meal was relaxing and we never felt rushed.
The restaurant is small, cozy and very attractive. Because of its size reservations are highly recommended.
We would definitely go back to this restaurant. It has some of the tastiest food around.

Reviewed 8 September 2017

It was our first visit this year. We could not get a reservation for the time we wanted so we just took a chance. There were no tables available but after 15 minutes we got seats at the bar. In an earlier review I was critical of the pace. Not so this time. After a drink we were served our salads. My wife had the Casear and I had one made with cucumbers and kalamata olives and feta cheese. Both were super. I had little necks in sauce (actually an ap) as an entree and my wife had salmon (served on a plank) over potatoes. No dessert. A very very good meal in and out for under $100.