“Great for a Winter Visit”
Review of St Joe's Coffee

St Joe's Coffee
Ranked #1 of 2 Coffee & Tea in York
Reviewed 2 March 2016 via mobile

Very early March and we were visiting Antique Shops. It was a long drive from Mass and we all needed a coffee and something to eat. Surprised to find that every restaurant was closed until lunch. Then we saw JOE's Coffee Shop. Pulled in and was treated to an outstanding breakfast sandwich and coffee. I had egg & cheese on home made biscuits while little JOE's special was also a bit hit. It had egg, cheese, sausage & ham. There were6 different types of coffee and more decaf favors also. All I can say is one biscuit and coffee for $3.50 was all I could eat. Although JOE's is just a small shop, they serve a giant of a breakfast. I'll replete any time we are in York

Reviewed 16 November 2015 via mobile

I ordered the Betsy, Southwestern, Bacon Egg and Cheeses. The biscuits were Awesome! The flavor on the Southwestern sandwich was great. The decaf coffee was excellent as well as the other types of coffee. I gave it 4 out of 5 because we were from out of town and many locals were served their breakfast sandwiches before us after they had arrived subsequent to us. I waited for a good 20 minutes to get 4 breakfast sandwiches, watching all the locals get theirs first. I was a little put off but the food was excellent so I gave them 4 stars.

Reviewed 21 October 2015 via mobile

Stopped by for morning coffee on our way to the coast. Glad to find a local joint. Fairly large and delicious looking menu. Great selection of coffees. I recommend the Italian. Tasty breakfast sandwich. Staff seemed to be quiet and subdued. Maybe a little overwhelmed. Good experience over all in this small small town find.

Reviewed 13 October 2015 via mobile

Do not, I repeat, do not under any circumstances try the Three Hail Marys biscuit at St. Joe's coffee. If you do so against my advice, be warned that no other breakfast sandwich will ever come close to this experience. Seriously, we stopped there based on Trip Advisor recommendations two days ago on our way to Nubble Lighthouse, and we can't stop talking about how wonderful it was! This small restaurant did a booming business and I know while we sat there savoring our biscuits, there had to be 30-40 people at least who came in and got breakfast to go. We are trying to shift our travel plans around to fit in another stop there before we leave Maine!

Reviewed 8 October 2015 via mobile

First off the coffee is great here. Definitely try the breakfast sandwiches. You get your moneys worth in size and everything I've had has been fresh. Also they have the best donuts I've had in Maine, simple and sweet.