6 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.comUS$125
Hotels.comUS$125
PricelineUS$125
Orbitz.comUS$125
Agoda.comUS$125
TravelocityUS$125
All reviews the pub short sands beach ocean view main building wonderful hotel adirondack chairs labor day queen bed second floor nubble lighthouse wedding york valet maine
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 September 2021

My wife and I stayed here over Labor Day 2021 and overall enjoyed our stay. The positives first: We loved the location which made walking to the beach right out in front of the hotel or the town extremely easy and convenient. The restaurant attached to the hotel was very good both nights we dined there. The room we had, 401, was right above the restaurant vents and was extremely loud and not recommended. Thankfully, the staff was accommodating and moved us the second night of our stay and we ended up with an ocean view room which was perfect (room 410). The negatives: The hotel was overall a nice hotel, but it is older which normally would be okay, but for the price we paid per night, we expected a little more. The town itself was okay. More like a typical tourist beach town then a small quaint Maine seaside village we had expected. The beach itself was not bad, just a little bit on the small side and can become overly crowded quickly. There is a larger beach nearby, but that would require a short drive from the hotel to enjoy. Overall a good stay, with only a few negatives.

Room tip: Stay away from room 401 which is directly above the restaurant vents and can get very loud.
Date of stay: September 2021
Reviewed 16 July 2021

Had a wonderful lunch on a beautiful afternoon at The Union Bluff.
But valet Luke made my day. I left my glasses in the car. When I asked where my car was he didn’t hesitate and retrieved my glasses after he had just parked the car way up the hill. He brought them to me in the restaurant with a smile on his face.

When we finished our delicious relaxing lunch, Luke was right there asking if I wanted my car this time. LOL. He made me laugh. Nice to see a young man working hard and doing it with a great attitude.
Thanks Luke
Thanks Union Bluff

Date of stay: July 2021
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank HAL03908
Reviewed 10 July 2021

For over $300 a night we had a small room, queen bed, side view. Comfortable but no real luxuries. Parking was problematic. If you don’t use valet, there often aren’t spots available to Park. We had to use valet, but then so many cars crammed into valet lot that it took a long time to get car - valet staff was very accommodating. Fitness center is located several buildings away. We enjoyed York Beach, but paid too much for a small room.

Date of stay: July 2021
3  Thank Sen B
Reviewed 12 June 2021

The hotel is really nice and is right on the water, and has some stellar views of the ocean. The town is walkable and is really, really close and you can probably find parking in the hotel lot. But! The walls of the Union Bluff are paper thin, and the halls echo. We stayed on the second floor, and the staff allowed what was pretty much a party to take place in the stairwell at 2am. We hushed the group, relatively nicely (or not), after 2:20, but they continued on, loudly, slamming doors and laughing and yelling, for 15 more minutes before I had to call the front desk. Which was one floor down and close to the stairwell. So. If you're looking for a relaxing, leisurely coastal trip with a quiet room, go elsewhere. If you want to be loud and party, the Union Bluff is the place for you.

Oh, and PS, I'm pretty sure the room's heat exchanger is just for show. There's no discernable change in temperature when setting the unit colder. But I could just be cranky still from not sleeping. Because you hear everything else in the hotel.

Date of stay: June 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank W1000KIjohns
Reviewed 3 June 2021

I had printed out the menu for the restaurant, but it wasn't open when we arrived, so we agreed to eat in the pub. We sat under the TV, probably not the best location, as I saw many other dinners choose the view of the ocean. However, I was concentrating on the food. My husband had the Fish Tacos (12.95) and was quite happy with them. My son had the Calamari appetizer (12.95) which he liked, and a Bluff burger (15.25), which he was unimpressed with. I had the Haddock Reuben, which was so bad I ended up taking it home to deconstruct it and just eat the fish (15.95). My daughter had the Caesar Salad (8.50) which she said was typical and finally my husband had the Sirloin Tips (19.95) which he also liked. Altogether, however, we weren't blown away by the menu, and our server was the bartender, so it was a bit slow and I felt like we were an afterthought. I also had the Lump Crab Cake for an appetizer (14.50) and felt it was a little wet. I've had a ton of crab cakes along the NE coast, and this was by no means the best, or the worst either. But we paid over a $100 for the privilege of eating pub food, which I felt was a little much for what we got. Would not go again.

Room tip: there are great ocean views available, and it's cheaper than the VRBO we had!
Date of stay: May 2021