“Best Restaurant on Long Sands”

Mimmo's Italian Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 24 Restaurants in York Beach
Price range: US$20 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Thanks for an amazing 2017 summer season! We are now closed for the winter and see you in the Spring of 2018
Reviewed 6 October 2017

After 7 years of saying we'd try Mimmo's, we finally did and are very glad! They are open seasonally. We were seated promptly and garlic bread was brought to our table. It was large, hot and tasty. The menu had a wide variety of options for everyone. Our meals came with house salads which were good and had a bean mixture on top. Then we had the stuffed mushrooms, with a good marinara sauce on top. I had the chicken parm that came with plenty of cheese (just how I like it!) and we had the veal marsala. Everything we had was good. Prices were reasonable since it came with garlic bread and salad. Our server was very friendly and attentive. We enjoyed seeing all the personal touches in the restaurant, all the pics of grandchildren and pets! We can't wait to go again.

Reviewed 3 October 2017

I try not to be overly critical but I honestly think that this was the worst restaurant meal that we have had in a very long time. It was so bad that we assumed that the regular cook did not show up and they had a kitchen staffer try to step in.
My husband had a minestrone soup and it was just canned tomatoes with vegetables added and I had a lemon chicken that just had straight lemon juice on it, very bitter. The service was good but not enough to compensate for the food.

Others seem to like this place which is why we figure it had to be a very bad night.

Reviewed 7 September 2017

We always come here (as a large group) for our annual trip up to York. We love it here - great atmosphere, great food, great time! Very family oriented and even better that it is BYOB so we can bring the wine and beer that we want. We've always had great service, too.

1  Thank 743alicial
Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

The service was excellent! We went for dinner the waitress was attentive and pleasant. We had read the reviews and was expecting the food to be great. We had the pasta and mussels it was just average. Disappointing.

Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

Old style Italian. Standards are available with a little variation on the specials menu: hard plastic plates, no liquor, basic decor.

House salads were tasty. A little different with a bean mix of black, white and garbanzo bean mix.

I ordered the cacciatore with veal. The sauces consistency was good with the addition of capers and black olives (these were the common canned black olives). The sauce was sweet. I particularly don't like sweet red sauces, although I know people who do.

My husband had a fra diavlo sauce over a seafood stew. He enjoyed the spicy sauce and reported the seafood: mussels, scallops, clams and haddock was tender.

Three other diners had pasta with a fettuccine sauce that was thick and cheesy. The dishes were liked.

The downfall was there was a member in our party who doesn't eat pasta or consume sauces. There was very little available to him

There were vegetarian dishes available.