Book now, pay at stay
US$310
US$280
  • Breakfast included
Stage Neck Inn(York Harbor)
US$390
Orbitz.com
US$268
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewscellar pubharbor crestacross the streetluxury roomcontinental breakfastthe main dining roommain buildingharbor hill buildingthrough grouponjacuzzi tubnew englanddownstairs barlobsterocean viewchapman cottagebagelssmall room
Reviewed 1 January 2007

My wife and I recently returned from our third stay at the York Harbor Inn. The trip was wonderful as always!

Our room was in the Harbor Cliffs Inn which is adjacent to the main inn. The Harbor Cliffs has a lovely lobby/sitting room with a small library and fireplace. Some steep stairs to our second floor room which was a tad small but nicely appointed with period furnishings and a king size sleigh bed. The bathroom was tiny, but certainly tolerable.

We had lunch (twice) and dinner at the Cellar Pub during our stay, and the food was terrific. I highly recommend the Harborside sandwich for lunch and the beer-battered haddock and fries for dinner! We had dinner twice in the Inn's restaurant, and it continues to impress. Gotta have the lobster-stuffed chicken and the Maine blueberry pie! Nice wine selection and great service.

Plenty of shopping nearby in Kittery if that's your thing. If not, York is an amazingly historic town to explore on foot. Be sure to get the walking tour list from the desk and head out for the Fisherman's walk with strolls around the Harbor, through some woods, and back out through some historic areas before circling back to the Inn.

Great complimentary coffee near the front desk. The common room in the Inn is one of my favorite spots on Earth. A 300+ year old fireplace and ceiling beams! Great ambience. The staff is always courteous and helpful.

We can't wait for our fourth trip to the York Harbor Inn!

Stayed: December 2006
7  Thank KYdoc
Reviewed 20 November 2006

My husband and I just returned from a lovely romantic anniversary at the York Harbor Inn. I had seen it on line and it was just the place I wanted. Some of the reviews we had read were not favorable but my husband and I always like to make our own decisions on a place. This was beautiful. We stayed in a deluxe room which was located in the Yorkshire building ajacent to the Main Inn. We loved the old feeling of the room which was emaculate! My husband had ordered the Romantic Package which they offer which includes, champagne, champagne goblets, candy, and roses! Needles to say I loved it! Right across the street was the ocean. In the room there are directions for walks which was great. We never would have discovered Wiggly Bridge, the Marginal Way or the Harbor without them. It was great to take a walk by the beautiful homes and also the water front. We ate at the Main Dining Room which is decorated beautiful Our meals and service was great! The Pub was fun and again the staff is very friendly! The Inn is situated in such a way that you can easily explore the surrounding area which we did but at the end of the day it was great to come back to the Inn and relax in front of the fireplace. We enjoyed our 34th anniversary at the York Harbor Inn and definately will go back!!!

• Stayed: November 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
3  Thank MsDidey
Reviewed 2 August 2006

Stayed July 28 - 30, 2006
Had a very nice stay at this Inn. Great location for visiting the town and other area shopping. Room was very clean. The restaurant was country inn charming and the food was very good. The Ship's Cellar Pub was a great experience, it was built to make it look and feel as if you below deck on a boat. The service was fantastic as well as the food . Great martinis. We loved the beach except for the flies, sand fleas and mosquitoes, not that they were over abundant but they were still there. Wish we had known, we would've packed sunscreen with repellent in it. Was a little nervous about staying after reading other reviews. The no parking review when there is a wedding is true, but it worked out for us. The only thing I can reasonably complain about was when we moved the car from the back lot. As you come around a big pine tree it is hard to see. One of the employees was flying up and around it , no doubt late for work and almost hit us head on. Then she had the nerve to sit there and shake her head at us. Should have told the mgt. but stupid girls are stupid girls and what could they have done to her. Have stayed at many inns and bed and breakfasts and sometimes you just have to roll with it. Try not to expect the impossible, they're people not magicians. Would stay here again but in different season when there's less bugs.

3  Thank LuvNewEngland
A TripAdvisor Member
Limerick, PA
Reviewed 19 July 2006

The Inn rooms decor was very nice, the fact that we were in a small third floor room with the choice of a very loud A/C unit or a 10 inch wall fan propped up in our tiny window by a bath towel was not so nice. The weather was very hot & humid,high 80's, low 90's.The first night they did put us up in another room, after that it was all downhill. I voiced my concerns to the desk clerk upon checkout and he shrugged and took the remainder of my payment with no compensation, appologies etc. There were 2 other small problems too, but we could have lived with them. I then returned home and wrote an e-mail to the Inn and 3 days later, I have still not gotten a response. I would not recomend the Inn to anyone unless they are sure their rooms are to their satisfaction before their stay, and how is that possible. I was sadly disapointed seeing as this was a delayed honeymoon.

• Stayed: July 2006
5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 10 July 2006

It was a terrible winter storm & I was alone driving. I stopped by this inn b/c it had a restaurant & i thought this might be pricey, but I deserve a nice place to stay & have dinner after the long drive I had in the snow. I went in & the staff was so amazing! They gave me a beautiful ocean front room w/ private balcony for $89 on special b/c they had it available & it sounded like that was just what I needed. They were amazing! I had dinner in their pub, followed by wine in the living room in front of the fire while chatting with other guests. A day of being scared for my life driving an unfamiliar car in the snow turned into the best evening relaxing, dining & sleeping -the room was so cozy!

My husband & I returned to the York Harbor Inn while visiting family north of the area over July 4th. We had a great room & the service continued to be remarkable considering this was their peak season. The room rate was a bit more, $249, but the room was also larger & still ocean front. The park across the street was beautiful & had a nice little walk way down to a little beach.

Just the perfect place to stay!

7  Thank coastalbliss