“Great Korean Food in an Unassuming Location”
Review of Myoung Dong

Myoung Dong
Ranked #19 of 71 Restaurants in Beltsville
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Asian, Korean
Dining options: Takeout
Dining options: Takeout
Reviewed 13 September 2017

Don’t let the bland appearance in the strip mall fool you, Myong Dong serves up the real deal. You’ll find authentically-seasoned and -cooked Korean fare at extremely reasonable prices. I’m typically there for lunch, so my choices vary between the spicy noodle soups and the lunch specials, which look like nothing so much as bento boxes with one type or another of bulgogi. A meal always starts with a selection of banchan, four little dishes of kimchi and other vegetables which serve to get the palate fired up. You can count on cabbage kimchi and pickled daikon radish, while the others are up for grabs.

This is not white-tablecloth fine dining. The restaurant is spare, but squeaky-clean. The staff are friendly and helpful, prices are quite reasonable, and the food is delicious and served in satisfying portions. I’ve brought co-workers here, and every one of them badgers me about when we’re making a return visit. Give Myong Dong a shot, for lunch or dinner. You won’t be disappointed.

Reviewed 27 April 2017

Myoung dong serves Korean food in a small but very clean restaurant. The server was very helpful when she discovered that I was not familiar with Korean cuisine. I am not a meat eater, but there were 2 vegetarian items on the menu. The one I chose consisted of a portion of rice garnished with kimchi, raw carrots, lettuce, onions and maybe some cucumber. Period. I requested tofu, for which there was a separate charge. It was a salad, but with a dinner price. Dinner was what I expected, a salad was what I got. Expensive for what was served. I was disappointed.

Reviewed 14 February 2017

It has been hard thinking of a Korean eating establishment to write on, but ultimately, I resorted to a place that I have been patronizing all these years since I have been living in Maryland. Yes, it is not a big space nor do they offer a wide variety of dishes usually found in bigger eateries. But I have always enjoyed their marinated meat lunch specials, fried chicken and the noodle dishes, as well as those side dishes that keep calling my name every time I take a seat there. Now with lunch specials offered the whole day on Sundays, I have another reason to indulge in these Korean treats.

Reviewed 22 July 2015

For a relatively small place, Myong Dong offers a good variety of Korean dishes. They start you off with an assortment of tasty appetizers (the pickled radishes were surprisingly good as was the kimchi). The presentation is as exciting as the taste: my dish of cold, buckwheat noodles was cut with kitchen shear and one of my dining companions watched the hot, hot boiling soup cook the raw egg in it. The service was friendly and fast. The place cozy and comfortable. An excellent meal and fun experience for a modest price.

1  Thank Ana K
Reviewed 27 November 2014

Great authentic Korean dishes, moderately priced in the $10-15 range. Hot tea is free. Friendly service. I like Jam Pong (spicy seafood noodle soup) and enjoyed my order. Another popular dish which we plan to try next time is the fried chicken in either half or whole chicken size. Group also ordered chicken soup which was great. Atmosphere is bright and not extravagant.

Note outside of restaurant is a Noodle House sign. All of the customers at the time of our visit were young Koreans, some probably from nearby university of Maryland.

We will definitely be coming back for more...