“Great. Fast. Tasty”
Review of Panas Gourmet Empanadas - CLOSED

Panas Gourmet Empanadas
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Description: Panas specializes in Latin fusion gourmet empanadas, crescent- shaped turnovers, stuffed with well seasoned combinations of meats, vegetables, spices, fruits, and sweets. Our recipes are inspired by the idea of Latin Fusion cuisine; a culinary concept based on creating new recipes by combining traditional and modern culinary techniques and mixing ingredients from different countries in the Americas. The only empanadas’ tradition we want to preserve is that empanadas a great idea and fun package for food.
Reviewed 29 March 2015 via mobile

I kind of fell into this place. I was trying to find a place to park in Bethesda and was having problems. I ended up parking near this restaurant and checked out the good reviews here. The empanadas were fresh and very tasty. The dipping sauces really add to the flavor. A good guacamole as a side completed a very fine lunch. Would Def go back. The best empanadas that I have had....

2  Thank PRF63

Reviewed 20 March 2015 via mobile

The flavors are so amazing. Fresh sauces with any number of empanada fillings. And the guacamole with plantain chips .... Delicious!

1  Thank smartin5285
Reviewed 9 February 2015

Many of the other urban Bethesda restaurants are jaded with big city, no-nonsense, no smile service. Not Panas Gourmet Empanadas! I've been meeting friends there for lunch for the past few years and always impressed with their attitude and appreciation for our business. Its genuine - from my whitbread perspective. The food tracks right along, great value, interesting, tasty, mouth-watering spices. The presentation makes it fun and actually an event, rather than just another mainstream boring food outlet. I always leave satisfied and uplifted from their friendly service. Try the combo for two - nice value

2  Thank Circumspect
Reviewed 21 September 2014

Planned to go to Potbelly Sandwiches for lunch with a friend.
Got parking easier than expected, and dropped in a Barking Dog Saloon to check the menu and ambiance -- definitely not a day time crowd, though it seemed nice.
Opted to try Panas, since I'd already been to countless Potbellys...

Wide range empanadas, salads, etc.... and they serve cold South American beers!
The menu is up on a board above the counter, which I didn't like as a first-time customer because I had to read the menu, then figure out what I wanted and then order -- all while the line behind me grew. Unfortunately, they were already out of two of the empanadas that I wanted.
After ordering, we got out numbers and headed to a table outside (there are 3).
Sidewalk dining at its best.
The empanadas were actually quite good and filing -- I had the 3 combo w/ a cerveza!
Sauces were good -- the mild green salsa was my favorite.
My friend had some skewers and a salad. The salad seemed to be lacking.

Parking: Paid lot across the street, or street parking.
Bathrooms: No idea
Ambiance: Latin American deli
Food: Really good
Service: Friendly and courteous (no rush from them to get me to order and move along)

Would recommend: Yes!
Would repatronize: Maybe --- I do want to try some of the dishes that they were out of.

1  Thank COTraveller33
Reviewed 25 November 2013

I love something a little out of the ordinary and this is exactly that. Panas is a great place to get a quick bite to eat without having to spend a fortune or settle for typical american fast food. The staff is extremely friendly and more than happy to provide a recommendation or choose your entire meal if need be. :) I'll go back again for sure.

2  Thank IAmTSha