“Excellent seafood, efficient service, great housemade desserts.”
Review of Chef Tony's

Chef Tony's
Ranked #1 of 382 Restaurants in Bethesda
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Old Georgetown Road
Transit: Easy Three block walk from Bethesda Metro station. At the top of the escalator turn left slightly and proceed to third traffic light on Old Georgetown Road. Turn right on St Elmo, we are on right hand side at 4926. Multiple public bus stops also within walking distance.
Description: We are a Chef owned seafood focused restaurant in beautiful downtown Bethesda. We feature a daily changing menu and use as many locally sourced products as we can. We maintain a friendly and comfortable dining space that allows our guests to relax and recharge. We approach our restaurant with an appreciation for simplicity, authenticity and connection to our community. We deliver daily with high quality food, spirits and people. Our menus include fresh seasonal seafood at their core. We deliver food that nurtures, delights and reminds people that life is short and to enjoy a great meal more often. Our restaurant delivers a comfortable upscale environment that promotes conversation and connection
Reviewed 3 January 2018

Chef Tony's specializes in seafood, and everything that everyone in our party had was wonderful - fresh and expertly prepared. The salads were also excellent, and when some at our table wanted to split one (which I'd highly recommend to save room for dessert), they very nicely divided it in the kitchen and served two separate plates. Good selection of wines as well, though they did seem a tad pricey. The desserts are excellent, and I believe that all are house made except the cannoli. The chocolate sin cake deserves a special shout out - richly chocolate-y, smooth and delicious. The restaurant is fairly small, so I'd recommend reservations (though we did manage to squeeze in on a weekday night). Highly recommended.

Reviewed 2 January 2018

My family and I had a great dinner at Chef Tony's. This is a very unpretentious place which is very friendly and has great food. Everyone enjoyed what they ordered. My husband and I both had the crab cake. Although I have eaten many crab cakes and I consider myself to be an expert on crab cakes, this was the best crab cake because it was 100% delicious crab- no filler at all. It was amazing. Everyone else also loved their meals including a crab pasta and shrimp pasta too. The parmesan crusted cod was also terrific. Great neighborhood place!

Reviewed 1 January 2018

My husband and I have eaten here a few times. It has always been a fresh, flavorful, and enjoyable experience! It's worth a visit!

ChefTonyMarciante, Owner at Chef Tony's, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2018

We appreciate you letting the world know, I'm curious about "surprising good"...I'm assuming we exceeded your expectations?

What did you think was going to be the experience? I'd like to continue to overdeliver, but always looking to upgrade impressions...thanks for any feedback!

cheftony@cheftonysbethesda.com

Chef Tony Marciante

Reviewed 31 December 2017

Have lived in Bethesda 10 years and never ate here, so glad we finally did tonight.

Our group of 4 was warmly greeted by Steve, who also showed us to our table.

We started with grilled Caesar salad, calamari, crab bisque and raw oysters. The salads were delicious and slightly smoky, oysters were incredibly fresh and the calamari was some of the best we’ve ever eaten (very light breading, super tender and delicious dipping sauce), the bisque very flavorful.

Our entrees were the bronzino, lobster penne, seafood stew and the seafood pasta paella. All were delicious with incredibly fresh seafood, the lobster penne was the standout imo.

Tiramisu and cheesecake were excellent, the cannoli disappointing despite being
“Baltimore’s Best”.

Service was overall very very good. Our server was a bit delayed in getting our drink order but that was the only blip, he was very attentive the remainder of our meal.

Will definitely return!!

Reviewed 28 December 2017

Chef Tony's menu is diverse. The tapas are amazing and his main dishes delicious. The portions are generous. The wait staff and is courteous and professional and the host is awesome. I have to go there at least once per month.