“Blue Crabs till your eyes pop out”

Bethesda Crab House
Ranked #30 of 388 Restaurants in Bethesda
Price range: US$25 - US$25
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 17 May 2018 via mobile

No frills eatery. Everything crab: Cakes, Soft Shell, or Boiled. Add in oysters, raw or fried, plus corn cobs or hush puppies...and beer... it’s almost Chesapeake. The crab feast, all you can pound and eat in two hours, seems a customer favorite. I was partial to the quarter pound cakes myself. There was unfortunately no veg except for coleslaw that was a tad sweet to my liking.

Reviewed 17 April 2018

We never had eaten steamed crab before and were in Bethesda for a family event. We decided to try and went to the Bethesda Crab House. It is a small place with the décor of being in a fish shack which is appropriate for smashing crab. They staff of 2 that were on for lunch that day were excellent and helpful. We did the Crab Feast which is an all you can eat for two hours with corn on the cob and coleslaw for sides. They kept bringing trays full of crabs with the obey seasoning which gives them some zing. They were supposed to be small and mediums but I think they were actually the large sized. I highly recommend them for this experience. The price was good and the food was excellent!

1  Thank Eric F
Reviewed 12 April 2018

The crab cakes are great--no question, but the key lime pie is authentic, dense, and flavorful. It's also somewhat expensive for the amount you get, but I'd do it again!

Very attentive service in a casual comfortable setting--the tables are covered with butcher paper as you can get whole crabs and crack your own here.

Reviewed 14 March 2018 via mobile

Our family’s first time eating blue crab. Delicious! We had half dozen large + hush puppies. It was a great family adventure.

Reviewed 14 March 2018 via mobile

Traveling solo for business, so was just looking for a low key place with great crab. This place hit the spot. The blue crab looked great, but went for crabcakes and I wasn't disappointed. Left me wanting more...so I finished off with key lime pie. Small piece, but just the right amount of tart. I'll be back again.