“Ok, but definitely overpriced”

Holiday Inn Express Cambridge
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Cambridge
Reviewed 26 July 2011

The hotel itself was ok, nothing special. The pool area, however, looked disgusting. I was actually planning to take a swim, but after seeing the icky water decided to pass. We paid $150 for one king bed. Very surprised at the price. I mean, come on, Cambridge is basically in the middle of nowhere and there's not a whole lot do in the area. The price + lack of amenities = not a good value. Not sure if I'd stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LN87
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Cambridge

Reviewed 12 July 2011

I came to Cambridge to celebrate my birthday and visit the birthplace of Harriet Tubman.

I chose Holiday Inn Express because it was the best hotel in the area besides the oh so expensive Hyatt Regency. I paid $150 for one night, which is a little steep in my opinion, but since it was my birthday, I decided that I was worth it.

The hotel was easy to find. The room was clean, as were the sheets and bathroom. And believe me, I checked. Hard. I was glad to see that they had a disposable shower cap in the room, since I had forgotten mine. The room was cool, not very impressive. My only real complaint was that the volume on the tv did not go all the way up. I didn't have to interact with the hotel employees enought to comment on customer service. But I guess that's kind of a good thing.

They actually had a really great breakfast. I was expecting a regular continental breakfast with pastries, juice, and cereal. I was pleasantly surprised to find those food items as well as sausage, bacon, a pancake maker, and really delicious cinnamon buns. Probably the best low key hotel breakfast I've had.

I would stay here again, but probably not during the summer. Only off season, when it's little less expensive.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 May 2011

Very nice, comfortable hotel. Staff very pleasant & breakfast buffet was very good.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 May 2011

I stayed last weekend with 6 children between 2 rooms. The first night the tub stopped up and I called the front desk, only to be told nobody was there to help so the only solution is to move at 9pm when I have a 21 month old asleep?? My dilemma was brushed off as if it was no big deal! I had my sisters wedding to go to the next day and still had little ones to give baths to. I shouldn't have to leave my room to go shower in another. I asked to speak to the manager and was told he wouldn't be in until Monday. WOW! Nobody was in charge at all with a sold out hotel??? Saturday night at around midnight I walked out to my car and there was a party on the lawn (others celebrating another wedding). Beer cans everywhere with no less than 20 folks partying. I felt very uncomfortable! Needless to say, not once did I receive a follow up call, anyone check my tub, or even an apology for the inconvenience. At $140.00 a night (2 nights, 2 rooms), I expected much, much more. I work for a large hotel chain and I would never treat my guests as I was treated. I chose the Holiday Inn because My hotel family doesn't have a property in Cambridge. Next time I will drive a little to Easton or Salisbury for the service!! Also, This is Tuesday and I am still waiting for a call back from someone in charge at this hotel!!!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank amberlee611
Reviewed 22 April 2011

Good hotel but really could use a good scrub job. Black marks on the wall old dirty carpet. Staff for the most part very nice. Breakfast normal Holiday inn garb. Would probably stay again.

• Stayed: May 2010
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cambridge
2.0 km away
Oxford Inn
#1 of 1 in Oxford
25.3 km away
Holiday Inn Express Easton

Been to Holiday Inn Express Cambridge? Share your experiences!