“Consistently Good!”
Review of Kirkwood Pitbeef

Kirkwood Pitbeef
Ranked #29 of 111 Restaurants in Catonsville
Reviewed 5 May 2018 via mobile

I get the large pot beef, mid-rare, every time. Have only been disappointed one time and that was this week. The sandwich was okay but far from mid-rare. I didn't say anything. The staff gave me the impression that they were not in a good mood. Usually the beef is mid-rare as ordered, tender, juicy, and delicious. The meat is so good that I always turn down any toppings/sauces when they are offered. Only one less than perfect experience in over 20 visits. Keep it up! This place turns out some amazing eats!

Reviewed 22 December 2017

I haven't been there for a couple of months, but I have never been disappointed with their Pit Beef sandwiches. A couple of the people give samples without asking before they make the sandwich. I am always impressed by that. If they don't offer a sample, just ask for one. The beef is so good that I occasionally buy a pound of it to take home and make my own sandwiches. The price of their beef is better than that of the grocery store deli and is 10x as good.

Reviewed 24 August 2017 via mobile

I have read reviews about Kirkwood and finally had an opportunity to go for lunch
This is a to-go eatery but has one table and chairs.
My friend and I wanted to sample the meats for an upcoming event. We were not disappointed. The meat was delicious and the sides were equally as good. This will be the first of many visits. Generous portions, good value.

Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

The wait was 40-45 minutes from when we entered the store and our beef was burned and way over cooked. When you wait that long, nothing should be over cooked. While they cooked our food we were the only ones waiting so not even busy. Disappointed!

Reviewed 6 July 2017

Stopped by for lunch and got a pit beef platter. I ordered it rare with sides of greens and baked beans. The food was delicious and I will definitely return. Just be aware that there is limited seating so you may need to get the food to go.