“Hometown Favorite”

Cuisines: Diner
Good for: Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Reviewed 21 June 2018

Ever since I move to Maryland back in 98 I have eaten here. They have a VERY extension menu and I have tried many things and without a doubt most of it is good. Recently we tried the stuffed mushrooms as an appetizer and was extremely delighted to receive 4 (not the list 3) over stuffed mushrooms with jumbo lump crab meat broiled to perfection! I didn't realize a diner could serve seafood so well. My other half was so happy he picked to have dinner here for Father's day. Everyone at my table ordered seafood and it was good. They gave great portions so we had plenty for leftovers. The only issue I have is the 15% "service charge" added to the bill, I didn't know if this was for the waiter or just something they claim to add to every bill over $30. When I asked I didn't get a straight answer and when reading other reviews it seemed as if it was the tip. I really didn't mind that I added 18% more because our server was awesome! But beware...check your bill.

Reviewed 2 May 2018 via mobile

This restaurant is fantastic. I had red lentil soup and it was very good. Then I had amazing chicken pot pie. Yummy! For dessert I had an outstanding chocolate ecclair. The server, Kassam, was fantastic. You should ask for him!

Reviewed 12 April 2018

Went here last Sunday with family. We noticed that the parking lot was full, which usually means great food, but a waiting time. This was all true. It actually didn't take us long to be seated though. The problem was that they were under staffed on this day. Our waitress must have had to cover about 20 tables by herself! She told us some of the staff called in sick that day. We all felt sorry for her, but needless to say it took a long, long time to get our food! I had a giant sized burger with mushrooms ad onions (sautéed) - it was excellent! Also, a side of fries. All of us really enjoyed what we got! We left a good tip for our server. Mostly out of pity!

Reviewed 11 April 2018

I have been here several times and when I am traveling through the area it is my favorite! They have a humongous menu and I love the desserts.

We went this time when they were almost closing and they still were very welcoming!

In general, the food is very good and served in large quantity. The milkshakes, however, are small and not up to the rest of their offerings. The baklava, on the other hand, is served in a very generous chunk!

Reviewed 8 April 2018

CAUTION: it took me 2 trips to notice on the bottom of the receipt that it states that any check $30 or more has a 15% "charge" automatically added. BE CAREFUL NOT TO DOUBLE TIP unless you have excellent service. I would consider the service only average. The person taking your check at the register should point this out. I would happily have added another 5% since I normally tip 20%, but I resent that I was kind of tricked into a 35% tip!!

1  Thank Cathy K