“Friendly Local Atmosphere”

Cuisines: Pub
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

My family dropped in for lunch after church. We sat on the pub side which embodies a friendly local atmosphere. Small 5 tables and the bar. The restaurant area is quaint combining rustic seaside and nice dining atmosphere. The Shrimp Tacos are amazing embodying the seafood flavor of Maryland. Buffalo sauce on the chicken strips was right on point balancing heat with a pleasant traditional taste. The service from the bartender was very friendly and upbeat. All though a little pricey, they serve steamed crabs the true Maryland way. The parking is in the back behind the on Main Street restaurant. Local Catonsville at its best.

Reviewed 10 May 2018

Early in the season so a little "pricey" as expected, but the steamed crabs were delicious. Excellent service.

Reviewed 8 May 2018 via mobile

Portions small, service very uneven. Food came at different times. Crab legs were a good deal, but everything else was an added cost.

Reviewed 5 April 2018

I stayed on the west side of Baltimore, just outside of 695 for work travel. Cantonville was 10-15 minutes from my hotel and with the traffic, I almost decided to stick to the uninteresting close choices for dinner. I was glad that I didn't though. The best meal I had on this trip was at Ships Cafe. It's a small place, fragrant with steamed crabs and full of local folk picking jimmies. Great place for a single traveler to sit at the bar, have a drink and a good meal. The bar tender recommended the stuffed shrimp, which I would not have typically ordered (I am more of a crab cake or seared tuna kinda person). I couldn't have even considered finishing my potato or veggie, but I made sure I ate every bit of the three large stuffed shrimp. They were perfectly cooked and covered with a large portion of crabmeat. With a squeeze of lemon, it was a perfect meal!

Reviewed 19 February 2018

First time here. Checked the reviews beforehand but you never know untill you go. All the great reviews were correct. The place is nice and clean, service was great with a smile and friendly . We got the fried calamari for appetizer and it was so good, I dont know what the green sauce was that came with it but wow, was it delish. I ordered the seafood platter, it was fresh , hot and yummy More than enough for 1 even enough for 2 if you want to split it. My wife got the seafood nachos and loved it. We will be coming back when the crabs are less expensive and from MD.