“Roomy, conveniently located, and charming”
other travellers have booked this property
Kitchen Area Living Area
Living Room with View toward patio deck
Bedroom with Queen Size Bed with Down Comforter
Queen Size Bed in Sunny Bedroom
Patio with Cafe Table & Chairs
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Excellent - based on 7 reviews

Reviews from our community

Skip M
Boca Raton, Florida
“Roomy, conveniently located, and charming”
Reviewed 27 August 2015 for a stay in August 2015

Absolutely the best deal for me in Chestertown. Came back to visit family and friends, and luckily this place was available. Home away from home, roomy, and I was able to work and relax. Centrally located convenient to all my day trips, in and out of Chestertown. Checkie treated me and my friends like returning royalty. HIGHLY recommend - quaint and practical - at a great price! Oh, and WIFI which my own cell provider did not have. Oh! And quiet!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Convenience and room at a great price!
Travelling group: Solo
Friends getaway Older travelers
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
carolynma...
Nashua, New Hampshire
“Cozy and comfy with tasteful touches we all appreciated.”
Reviewed 13 November 2014 for a stay in November 2014

Would definitely stay again or recommend to friends. Off the beaten path but a stone's throw from everything. Clean, nicely furnished with an eye for the aesthetic. Simple and uncluttered. Appreciated the working kitchen and goodies waiting for us in the fridge. Hats off, Francesca!

Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Travelling group: Extended Family
Friends getaway
linda m
White Haven, Pennsylvania
“Very nice stay in cute apartment”
Reviewed 26 July 2014 for a stay in July 2014
person found this review helpful

We enjoyed our stay in this very pleasant and bright apartment, walking distance to the visitor's center, the downtown with many shops and restaurants, and the Chester River. The apartment had a full size fridge and stove. Utensils and pots and pans were limited, but when I mentioned it to our hosts, they immediately brought over what we needed. There is also a Dollar General across the street for anything you may have forgotten. Ellen's Coffee shop is a few steps away. We had breakfast there several times. It was inexpensive and good home cooking. Some of the shops and restaurants in town were pricier, but very nice. If you venture away from the downtown, you will find more moderately priced restaurants. We also drove to several other very cute towns, including Rock Hall where we ate waterside - very enjoyable. There was an Outlet Mall also about 20 minutes away. Just be cautious as in the smaller towns, many stores were closed on weekdays. We had lots of fun exploring, and the apartment was lovely to come back to at the end of the day. No TV, but a redbox was across the street to rent DVDs. The AC was very good, and pretty quiet, too. Furnishings in the apt were not extravagant, but everything was clean and comfortable. Also, check the cabinets. We found everything we needed, including soap, shampoo, dish detergent, paper products, etc...Nothing was out, so at first we thought we needed to go buy things. Everything we needed was there, though. Overall, a really nice experience. We would definitely go back again.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Liked best: location
Liked least: everything was very nice
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
stayedfor...
Park City, Utah
“Quaint, comfortable apartment!”
Reviewed 10 June 2014 for a stay in June 2014
person found this review helpful

My wife and I had a wonderful stay at Francesca's apartment in Chestertown. We were in town just for a quick weekend wedding, and it was the perfect place for us to stay. Like most houses in Maryland, it's older, but it's very clean and thoughtfully appointed. The apartment was the upstairs rear section of the "Artist House" (which was the name my friends from Chestertown used for the house). It is fairly small--a living room/kitchen + 1 bedroom and a bathroom. That was the perfect size for my wife and I. Francesca was extremely responsive to texts and emails. She accommodated our super late arrival. We ended up not getting to meet Francesca in person because we were busy all weekend, so maybe next time. The location is really ideal. It's a 2 minute walk to Chestertown's central square. While there, be sure to check out the fountain -- it's quite cool! Finally, I left my sunglasses at the apartment, and Francesca is taking care of getting them sent back to me, which I REALLY appreciate. (Thank you Francesca!)

Liked best: Location
Liked least: Older than expected. But that's really part of the charm.
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
SaMo825
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Awesome, Clean, Quaint Apartment in Great Location”
Reviewed 5 June 2014 for a stay in May 2014
person found this review helpful

I booked this apartment for my brother and his friend who were visiting for a wedding. Francesca was extremely helpful and super speedy at getting back to my messages. I would say that I inquired, wrote a few messages back and forth with Francesca and booked/paid for the place all within about half an hour! My brother said that the hosts, Leslie and Vince, were fantastic. He said the location was perfect, within walking distance to most shopping and dining in the area. As for the apartment itself, he said it was very nice and quaint, clean, and comfortable with plenty of beautiful art and furniture. All in all, a great experience!

Travelling group: Friends
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Night
Week
Month
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing