“Ovo no more now northern Chinese ”
Review of Ovo Simply Veggie

Ovo Simply Veggie
Ranked #57 of 122 Restaurants in College Park
Reviewed 19 December 2015 via mobile

Out with vegan in with beef pork and lamb. This is not your typical Chinese restaurant. Very authentic.
Food was a bit greasy. Very limited menu.

Reviewed 24 August 2015

I have always been a fan of this place but I have never given it a 5 stars until now. First of all I am NOT even a vegan or a vegetarian. I was introduced to this place by a vegetarian buddy and I drove half an hour one way from downtown DC to come here to eat once a month or as often as time allow me.

I know the place had a new menu, and I decided to give it a try. Now there are more selection on the Appetizers section, and there is also salad bowl and noodle bowl. The is also chilled soup like Mango and cucumber and Steamed Bun Sandwiches as well.

My usual steamed pork dumplings has always been consistently good - it really tastes like pork dumpling even though I know it is a vegan protein! The Enoki fries is worth the calories of fried food. OK I tried a salad bowl, just like the entree, you can pick 4 main ingredients and then you can add on protein or more expensive item like avocado. I picked the Raspberry dressing, this is so fresh and summery, initially when I saw the size of it, I thought I will never finish it, but it was so good that I had it all. The noodle bowl we had is not on the printed menu on the Facebook page, but it has BBQ inspired Vegan Pork, and Shrimp Dumpling and Spicy Noodle and Broccoli, the BBQ Vegan Pork tastes like real BBQ Pork, it was as good as it get.

My Jasmine Pearl green tea is just what I needed to water down my delicious meal.

Look forward to go back to try more item on the new menu.

Reviewed 29 July 2015

College Park near the University of Maryland has the usual collection of chain restaurants and fast-food joints. A vegetarian who tires of pizza and burritos should head to Ovo Simply Veggie. The food is fresh, very tasty, and all vegetarian. I had a noodle bowl with buckwheat noodles that was loaded with fresh veggies and flavorful broth. It was a healthy dose of healthy food, far and away the best meal that I had in College Park.

Reviewed 4 June 2015

I went there alone and ordered takeout. I ordered two appetizers: the steam dumplings and the lettuce wraps. My order took a while to get ready... About 15 min? not enough to complain, of course. I think it just felt long because I was by myself. Both dishes were amazing. I especially recommend the lettuce wraps. Definitely coming back if I'm in town again.

Reviewed 20 February 2015

Wonderful asian-influenced foods with veggie-based proteins. Had soups, appetizers, entrees, and everything was fabulous. Did not feel cheated missing the meat. Very strong recommendation for College Park, MD.