“Why did we wait so long?”
Review of City Lights

City Lights
Ranked #9 of 106 Restaurants in Cumberland
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 11 August 2017

We ate there last Friday night and our intention was to sit outside in the dining area shown on the pictures above. Well, the weather didn't cooperate so we were seated inside. The dining room is on two floors and is very comfortable. Due to the weather we were among some few patrons that early evening. My wife enjoyed her whiskey sour as well as the appetizer that we split. The baked brie on pita with cranberries and almonds drizzled with honey, whew, it was great.
I wanted steak so I got the filet, done exactly as I asked and she had the meat loaf. Now, normally I'm not a fan of meat loaf, sorry dear, but I have to say it was very tasty and on top of mashed potatoes.
All in all, a great meal. We will return and try some more of the menu items, although I would be happy getting another filet mignon.
Oh, by the way, the cheesecake is huge and delicious.

Debra S, Owner at City Lights, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2017

Thank you for your business and your kind words.
Deb & Bill Shaffer

There are newer reviews for City Lights

Reviewed 5 August 2017

In walking distance from the Fairfield Inn, this restaurant is located on a pedestrian only area in the middle of downtown Cumberland. We sat outside under some trees and were treated like gold. Drinks were good, food delicious, and had a wonderful evening out. Highly recommend.

Debra S, Owner at City Lights, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2017

Thank you for the kind words and your business.
Deb&Bill Shaffer

Reviewed 5 August 2017

We visited this restaurant on August 2nd on the recommendation of the Inn we were staying at. Great recommendation! Our server was wonderful and the meal delicious! Loved the Maple Bourbon Chop! Will definitely dine here again when in Cumberland.

Debra S, Owner at City Lights, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2017

Thank you for the kind words. Our staff makes our job very easy.
Deb &Bill Shaffer

Reviewed 19 July 2017

Met up with some friends for a delicious lunch. The portion sizes were so generous, that two out of three asked for boxes. The Salmon Caesar was had a definitely interesting vibe; grilled just the way I like it. The Cobb Salad portions were HUGE, and very crisp. The wait staff is friendly and unobtrusive. I have also enjoyed their crab cakes and wraps.

Reviewed 17 July 2017

My husband and I both have food allergies, and this restaurant was so accommodating. Thank you so much. We loved the food and the lovely tables out under the trees in the Pedestrian Walway.