“Great lunch!”
Review of Hunters' Tavern

Hunters' Tavern
Reserve with OpenTable
Hunters' Tavern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 117 Restaurants in Easton
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Situated in the historic Tidewater Inn, Hunters’ Tavern brings relaxed fine dining and impeccable service to Easton, Maryland. Offering award-winning happy hour specials, breakfast, lunch, dinner, and Sunday Brunch, Hunters’ Tavern is one of the finest Easton restaurants for any occasion. If you’re searching for restaurants in Easton with a true Maryland dining experience, try our fresh crab cakes or cream of crab soup. Looking for something new? Order one of our inspired appetizers ½ off during our signature happy hour. Hunters’ Tavern is proud to offer fresh and delicious American cuisine in Easton, MD. Make a reservation today and inquire about our private dining room for intimate gatherings.
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Started our lunch with bowls of soup. Cream of crab and snapping turtle. Both were delicious! My husband ordered the seared tuna for an appetizer, perfectly seared and seasoned. I had the lobster roll. Decadent pieces of lobster on a buttery split roll. My husband ordered the lamb on a gyro. Packed full of flavor and lamb. We ended our meal with delicious desserts. Our server was friendly and prompt, restaurant decor was pleasant. All in all a very good meal!

CS_InnManagement, Manager at Hunters' Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2018

We are thrilled to hear about your wonderful lunch experience at Hunters' Tavern. You certainly ordered some of our favorite dishes. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Reviewed 25 March 2018

Stopped for lunch yesterday during "Restaurant Week". Guess I expected greatness based on the prices. Even with the specials for the week.
Don't know if it was the server or the kitchen, but all the hot dishes were "luke warm" at best. Crab soup could have been among the best ever, except it arrived barely warm. And, I know cream soups need care in heating, but should have been hotter. Warm chicken salad came as the restaurant special with the crab soup @ $20.18.
Warm chicken salad-Great presentation, fresh ingredients but no taste to the vinaigrette dressing at all.
My "Wise Guy" corned beef and pastrami- again-could have been great, quality meats, excellent taste, but again barely warm. Not sure if it was supposed to be grilled, but don't think so. If it was, they missed the mark here too.
French fries that came with it-cold. Server offered a re-do. I declined. Should have been right to begin with.
Lastly, I overheard another server ask "if they wanted their change"? Just bring the change please and don't ask. Would like to try again for dinner, but hesitant. At the higher end of the pricing market-I think it safe to expect the best every time.
I believe when you spend $50.00+ for lunch or $100.00+ for dinner for two-you should expect the best...and get it!

CS_InnManagement, Manager at Hunters' Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Thank you for your constructive review during your Restaurant Week visit. We are also very disappointed to hear about your experience with the dishes. We truly value our customers feedback both the pros and the cons. We have received numerous reviews that praise our service and food experience but it is reviews like yours that present us an opportunity to be better. While your experience is not consistent with others we will use your feedback as a training opportunity. We hope you will give us the opportunity to welcoming you back! Please contact either Carla Morgan or Jennifer Webb when making your reservation.

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

My wife and I ate here two nights in August of 2017. Well executed Eastern Shore fare with all of the classics. We had terrapin soup, crab cakes, fried green tomatoes and softshell crabs and they were all excellent. They have a great bar with a wide selection of good wines and bourbon. After dinner, go sit on the hotel veranda and watch fireflies in the late summer twilight. Highly recommended!

CS_InnManagement, Manager at Hunters' Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2018

We are thrilled that you had a wonderful visit to Hunters' Tavern and the Tidewater Inn. We truly appreciate your recommendation and look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 16 February 2018

The food, decor and service are excellent. We regularly enjoy meals from their creative chef and love spending time at this classic, local tavern. Good fellowship, great food, beautiful surroundings. Consistently great! Do yourself a favor and check it out!

CS_InnManagement, Manager at Hunters' Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2018

Thank you for your extraordinary review! We greatly appreciate your comments and recommendation. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back again very soon!

Reviewed 11 February 2018

Having never been to this restaurant before, and wanting to give it a try, I made reservations for an early Valentines dinner with my wife. The hostess area is situated between two eating/gathering areas. There appeared to be a large party in this area and it was very noisy. The hostess never greeted us and when I informed her that we had reservations she was unable to hear me over the noise. I had to repeat my name twice and practically shout it the second time. In the dining area where we were seated there were only a few other tables occupied with patrons. This area was quaint and quiet with nice decor. Approximately five minutes later our waitress arrived to take our drink order. Her demeanor was distant as if she really didn't want to be there. She didn't introduce herself (I got her name off of the receipt (Takara)), didn't inform us of any specials and just had an overall nonchalant attitude. Another three to five minutes go by before she brings us a water and ice tea. We ordered the crab dip as an appetizer. The crab dip came out shortly after and it was very good. Though the wafers that come with it were hard and borderline stale. We ended up eating it with our forks. When the waitress finally came back to take our entree order I asked for drink refills as well, which she brought at the END of our meal. Wife ordered the petite filet which she raved about. I had the NY strip steak, cooked medium. The steak was tasty and cooked perfectly, but VERY tough. My jaw was exhausted from all the chewing. The sweet potato, leek and apple hash that accompanied the steak was just okay. I was not overly impressed with my meal at all. Our waitress was pretty much absent the whole time we were there. The busgirl actually came to our table to see if we wanted to order dessert. Are you kidding me!! We politely asked for the check and left. Not sure what was going on with the food and waitstaff, but we probably wont go back after our first impression. Unfortunate.

CS_InnManagement, Manager at Hunters' Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2018

We are very disappointed to learn about your experience at Hunters’ Tavern. It certainly does not mirror the reviews we receive from most of our guests. We greatly value all feedback as the great reviews are a positive reinforcement of what we are doing and the bad reviews give us a training opportunity to better our guest experience. We had the opportunity to speak following this review and delighted that you are giving us the opportunity to welcome you back.