All reviews bed and breakfast hot tub b b's walking trails yogurt carriage house romantic getaway short drive full kitchen fireplace baltimore woods creek sunroom nap
Reviewed 25 November 2017

We wish we had more time to enjoy this exceptional BnB with its giant sunroom and gorgeous outdoor trails.

We arrived after dark on a blustery November evening; we were so grateful that the wind stayed outside and the indoors were warm and not drafty!! Our room key was right at the front table tucked in a darling little bag of chocolates with my name on it and a "welcome, pick up the phone here if you need ANYTHING; your room us up the stairs and around the corner." This made me smile and my 12 year old daughter joyous (for the chocolate of course.)
Our room was charming (not a large one as we knew from the website) and absolutely everything we could ever need was in it, including ample power strips for computers (I had work to do) and iPads and phones. The room was spotless, including the bathroom. The bed was VERY comfortable and the sheets were very nice.
Our host very kindly helped me find the best wifi to do a bit of work (Rural country is not Comcast's finest advertisement - I've seen this before as i'm sure you have; our host was persistent and sweet in solving, which he did.)

There are several super highlights here: one is the sunroom - even in our dark-night arrival, the sunroom draws you in and transports you to another time, bright and garden-y. At breakfast the rolling hills reveal themselves in the morning sunlight. Even if you are not a walker, you'll feel as though you have tasted the outdoors.
The breakfast is home-made with love and varied - someone bakes and cooks and then serves on very pretty old patterns of special dishware.
And finally, the grounds and trails: truly lovely for strolls or longer walks. I snuck out while my daughter was still sleeping and all i'll tell you is I wanted stay all day or more.
We shall definitely be back.

Room Tip: Our room was in the main building and we loved it
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank STofSF
Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

We stayed in the most expensive suite, Longwood suite.The room wasn’t too bad however, the shower had no pressure and was lukewarm at best. We asked for bottles of water which they gave us but followed that with “there weren’t any in your room.” No there was never any bottled water in our room. The breakfast was a buffet breakfast which I’ve never had at any other bed-and-breakfast. The food at that buffet breakfast was barely edible. The hard-boiled eggs had dripping yolk. The supposed hot food most of it wasn’t there. They allow smoking on the deck which makes our balcony worthless. My husband bought us the romance package which had a halfway decent basket full of stuff which included two wine glasses. Today when they cleaned the room they took our two wine glasses so now we’re waiting for them to bring them back. The TV wouldn’t play a DVD fortunately my husband was able to work it so we could finally watch a movie.This place was not worth the money. When we asked for recommendations for restaurants they told us to go to the Internet and Google the area to find them ourselves. We tried to set up a couples massage here which ended up being reserved as a massage for me followed by a massage for my husband. Not the definition of a couples massage. Needless to say we went to a different spa for that massage. There were two gas fireplaces in the room, one worked decently the other one you could barely see a flame. The living area was nice with a comfortable couch and a decent TV once you got it working. The bed was comfortable. The Jacuzzi bath was good. We go to different B&Bs all the time and this is one of the worst. I would never recommend it to anyone.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Sarah C
Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

Relax and travel back in time at this beautiful, elegant, Colonial manor house that's only a short drive from Philadelphia, Baltimore and Washington, D.C.!

We stayed here at the recommendation of a friend who lives nearby. We arrived and found out there was a big wedding there the next day, and they upgraded us to the large Valley Forge suite. And gave us a personalized gift bag with candy, biscotti and other treats.

The suite was breathtaking. The bedroom has Queen bed, full bath, decent closet and a large hot tub! A separate living room with a couch, desk, mini-fridge and microwave has folding doors to separate the rooms.

Both rooms have large flat-screen TVs and working gas fireplaces. Flip the switch and you can take the chill off of those crisp winter nights. The air conditioning is just right.

The sheets, blankets and pillows are wonderfully luxurious, and the bed is a delight for sleeping. The towels are wonderfully thick and absorbant.

But it's the little extras that make all the difference. There is bottled water waiting in the room, The closet contains a wonderful logo bathrobe. The shower has shanpoo and conditioner dispensers built in. The free wifi is strong and fast, with routers placed to good advantage. Picking up the lobby phone connects you automatically to the cell phone of a staffer on duty.

Just outside our suite is a patio with a table and chairs, and a small koi pond. The woods and creek provide excellent walking trails.

Breakfast in the solarium (!) is homemade and lovely. Choices included fresh fruit and juices, coffee, egg and sausage casserole (gluten-free!), pastries or granola or even a Betty-type crumble. Yogurt is available as well.

Considering that the Elk Forge Bed and Breakfast Inn is leas than an hour from Baltimore and two hours from Washington, DC, it seems like a world away. If you want to unplug, unwind and unstress, this is the place. We will be back soon!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

Quaint clean and family friendly. Breakfast buffet was nicely done with ample choices for everyone. Location is great for visiting the Chesapeake River area. Property also had walking trails. Only con was small size shower.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

This B&B was beautiful, immaculately clean and had wonderful service and hospitality. The price was very, very reasonable. I enjoyed my stay thoroughly and wished I could've spent more than just 1 night! Would highly recommend wish I had more words to describe the beautiful experience I had.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple