“One of my favorite coffee shops says the non coffee drinker”
Review of Bean Hollow

Bean Hollow
Reviewed 29 January 2018 via mobile

Amazing coffee (husband approved) and delicious desserts located in historic Ellicott City.

This cafe has so much to offer other than coffee. And best of all, they’re not a chain. They do offer other hot drinks beverages.

Where do I begin - breakfast sandwiches, chocolate muffins, blueberry muffins it’s all been fresh and delicious. My husband raves about their coffee and says Starbucks has nothing on them.

On Fridays and Saturdays they are open till 10 p.m. which is perfect for a dessert date night. I’m slowly making my way through their cakes and started with a slice of Naughty Angel. Layers of moist vanilla cake with icing which sandwiches a layer of rich chocolate mousse. Soooo good. Second dessert was the red velvet smith island cake, super thin layers of red velvet with cream cheese frosting.

They do have ice cream and I can’t wait to try once the weather warms up. In addition, they have sandwiches and wraps with gluten free and vegetarian options.

Staff is always friendly and welcoming.

I’ve been here multiple times at different times during the day and haven’t been disappointed. I typically come first thing in the morning because they do get very busy and seating is limited especially on the weekends and there are times when the line is out the door.

Parking can be an issue if you try to go later in the day after the other shops open. I do recommend taking a stroll on Main Street if you’ve never been, it’s very quaint and there are a lot of great businesses. There is street parking and a few lots available.

The only criticism I have is not enough space for customers to sit and relax. Tables are close together and you feel like you’re on top of other customers if it’s full. If you’re claustrophobic, I recommend taking it to go.

Go and see for yourself how awesome this cafe is.

Reviewed 3 January 2018 via mobile

I have been here three times now. The coffee has always been adequate to good, though the names are non-descriptive (if entertaining). The service is friendly is average speedier, but they have always been full (more on that later). They have a nice selection of cakes and pastries including a Smith Island Cake my wife quite enjoyed. The decor is rustic if not charming, but the space always seems cramped. There are several tables and a bar, but good luck finding a seat. This is an obvious indication of popularity which is positive...but I would never go there heart set on sitting down.

Reviewed 15 December 2017

good food, prob the best coffee in the area and overall excellant. I am only giving 1 star beacause of rude and unprofessional staff management. The ones that will gang up on you for pointing out mistakes made by some rookie and refused to acknowledge them. I felt like I was being bullied by bunch of little kids. They were making serchastic remarks such as "would you like a drink with that" when they were re-making my drink.. I ordered aztec hot chocolate, but instead I received regular hot chocolate which is cheaper in price, and I told them it's a wrong drink in a very calm and professional manner, but they keep insisting that they taste the same and dismissed me... treating me like a annoying and ignorant guy. After asking for the second time, a guy reluctantly remade the drink with attitude and finally accepted his/their fault, only after smelling the difference between the two. Please stop hiring ignorant high school kids only because they are cheap, who doesnt know when to apologize, accept their mistake, remake the drink, rather than treating people like @ss as if its your fault to begin with.

Reviewed 10 November 2017

Local coffee place with lots of pies and goodies, fun area, big roaster in the back, good lunches too!

Reviewed 28 October 2017 via mobile

We stopped here for lunch but the line was very long. We did some shopping and came back when the line was more manageable. The service was very fast once we placed our order. Needed to wait to find a place to sit but even that was quick turnover. The chicken salad sandwich was excellent and my husband said the coffee was delicious. Next time we're in this town we will definitely come back for lunch.