“Good food ain't cheap, and cheap food ain't good”
Review of Chubby's Barbeque

Chubby's Barbeque
Ranked #4 of 14 Restaurants in Emmitsburg
Price range: US$20 - US$25
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Reviewed 12 May 2018

That's Chubby's tagline! We had the combo of brisket, pulled pork and ribs. They were all good but I liked the ribs and pulled pork best. It's a hole'n'wall kinda place but seems to be well liked by the locals. Very good service.

Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

Our second time here on our way home from VA. ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT! great food and service. Love the different bbq sauces. Some are a little too hot for my taste buds but my husband enjoys them! Can’t wait to come back again.

Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

I had the brisket and pulled pork combo with collards and beans. The brisket was cooked well but could've used more seasoning. The pork was the same way. They had a variety of sauces to put on for flavoring but I'd rather have the meat flavored to start off with. The sides we're both a little heavy on the vinegar for me. My wife had the burnt ends and she said they were good. This is an old road side joint so be prepared you're not walking into anything special when it comes to the atmosphere. We sat amongst a punch of wine and other boxes behind us. Guess they don't have any backroom storage. The crab soup was pretty good.

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

Had a chubby burger very good comes with fries would really prefer a side choice .parking lot a little ice up.

Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

We split a bbq beef sandwich and added another side of coleslaw. Excellent! The bbq sauces on the table ranged from “regular” to hot. The regular hit the spot. Sandwiches available with fries too.

The restaurant is frequented by travelers, police and a few locals. It is not fancy, verging on greasy spoon decor.

We saw ribs going by, huge portions! They looked great.

The owner was on the premises when we were there so if you want to comment...