“Best wings in FredCo”

Ranked #2 of 14 Restaurants in Emmitsburg
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 5 September 2017

Otts has some of the best Wings around Frederick county..
They also have some good cheese fries. Its a nice bar and the people that work there are very friendly!

Reviewed 24 July 2017

Living only 9 miles from the Ott House, my wife and I go there almost every Saturday for lunch simply because it's a quality pub. The sandwiches are so huge that an order of fries can't be eaten with one, the pizzas are of a good variety and cooked to perfection, and the bar drinks are of a large selection and Jack, the bartender, starts setting us up as soon as he sees us walk in the door. If ever in Emmitsburg I highly recommend The Ott House for lunch, dinner, or just to while away a few hours over a few drinks.

Reviewed 18 July 2017 via mobile

Food is ok. Bar and pool room setting. Ok for a totally casual atmosphere. If you want fancy this is not it but good for a decent meal.

Reviewed 28 June 2017

We’re not fancy diners…pretty much prefer a good pub & grub and after reading the reviews, we expected a better meal. Our server was very sweet although a bit slow as we noticed others seated after us were getting drinks and meals long before we did (that said, their beer prices are worth a return trip…oh my gosh).

We asked about local favorites as we were passing through. She guided us to the entrée list stating they were all “freaking awesome”. She said their crab cakes were the best. I asked about them as I had one the night before that knocked my sox off explaining to her that the big lumps of crab stuck out like rock candy with little else in it but what was needed to bind it all together. I have had my share of crab cakes that were mostly fill and a little shredded meat. She said they would be more like that great one with ample meat.

I ordered the entrée which came with two crab cakes. I was disappointed as the cakes were nowhere near what was said...more like the ones I didn't want. I need to pay better attention…she asked “which two sides would you like”. I was expecting a salad in addition to the side offered. Turns out a salad is a side there which is why I was confused about her asking which two sides I wanted so I asked for a baked and green beans - at this time I had already handed her the menu. I would have gladly given up the baked had I known…here is how this is presented in the menu… “All entrees are served with a garden salad and your choice of one side. Baked potato, cole slaw, waffle french fries, potato salad, mashed potatoes, applesauce, vegetable of the day”. I absorbed that the meal (automatically) came with a salad. Now I know why she didn’t ask which dressing I preferred!

Hubby asked for a hot roast beef sandwich and asked to NOT have gravy on the fries…guess what…he got gravy on the fries. Oh well…

Still after all the above, the place was packed with locals having an evening meal with friends and family…good to see.

Reviewed 9 June 2017 via mobile

Overall charming place. Really liked the fire patches on the walls. Food was fast and good. Rating 4 stars due to only 1 refill allowed on soft drinks.