“Fun place to stop”

Ranked #2 of 14 Restaurants in Emmitsburg
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 10 April 2018

I live near Westminster, MD and I ski often at Liberty Mountain in Fairfield, PA. The Ott House is on my way. I love their oyster sandwich with a mug of cold beer after spending the morning on the slopes. It's a homey and happy spot that is popular with the local folks. Don't expect "haute cuisine" just a good meal and value for your dollar.

Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

being a local myself, I find this place the last place to go. food is average, atmosphere is ok. big problem is on friday nights. the fireman training down the road brings in a not so nice crowd at times. cant believe how fireman can be so rude and pushy. not worth my time to go there. bar tenders even commented how the pushy crowd is not locals. I will stick to the other local places. they have way better quality food, friendly faces, and a fun and pleasant atmosphere. skip the ott house!

Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

We stop by after skiing once a week. This place has good food and a large variety or beer. The crab dip, wings, and steak sandwich are really good, so are their fish and chips and all the chicken salads we tried. I specifically like the french onion soup. The burger we tried was not good, the bread tasted old. Other than that we love it here!

Reviewed 8 February 2018 via mobile

Ott House is conveniently located off Rt 15 in Emmitsburg, between Frederick and Gettysburg. Fun atmosphere, full of Fire Department patches from National Fire Academy.
Great food at good prices. Lots of beers too! Music on weekends.

Reviewed 6 February 2018

Great time with old friends. Up for a Saturday afternoon Basketball Game at MSM. We enjoyed the food/beer choices and service.