Rocky Gap Casino Resort
Sleep Inn & Suites Cumberland(Cumberland)(Great Value!)
US$89
US$53
Orbitz.com
US$84
1,322 results
All reviewsstate parklakeside restaurantlake viewslot machinesboat rentalsbreakfast buffetbar and grillspa serviceswestern marylandpro shopfree slot playnice weekendcrab cakesrocky gap casinonon smokingbeautiful propertyindoor pool
Reviewed 1 August 2017

Upon arrival, I was surely inspired by the beauty of the landscape, the view of lake, and just the simple, and serene beauty. Unfortunately, I did not experience the same level of awe when it came to my room (217). Quite pricey, I did not expect that I would experience a slow/broken drain in sink which mad brushing teeth etc, a plain hassle. Bed was broken or not sitting properly as it dropped to floor as I got into bed for the night. Never, not even in a Super 8 motel, have I experienced anything similar. In regards to Casino, the slots were tight, and not many good games. I believe that the machines may be rigged for the rich, or rather, the exclusive resort club members to win something...thus, the reason you may read a review where someone stating the slots paid off. No one was winning anything around me. This was an highly anticipated getaway, a break from business I needed for months. I could have gone anywhere, but, really thought I'd enjoy it here. I recommend only for the rich or well off, not for those who would frequent all the other well known casinos I need not name.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
4  Thank C T
Reviewed 31 July 2017

Stayed two nights, Friday and Saturday night, on a mailed offer. Unable to check in a little early (about 90 minutes), arrived a little sooner after 4 hour ride:

-Had issue with free slot play. It was loaded to player card because I was never told by two employees (one at guest check in and next day at cashier) that it would expire at midnight the day it was loaded (I was trying to save til last day of trip).
-Casino a little on the tight side (machines).
-Property in very nice condition, inside and out.
-Room basically clean but but saw some issues that I overlooked (and so did housekeeping apparently)
-A lot of young employees at front desk, cashier cage, floor servers and servers at Signatures. I have been in customer service all my life, whether your in a tipped position or not you have to at least smile and make it seem you are happy to see the customer. Plenty of days I didnt want to be at work but once you clock in you have to "flip the switch" and go into customer service mode. I rarely saw a smile or pleasantry while at the property and especially at Signatures. The girls were walking around like they were being held hostage. The only smile I saw was the bar manager who made the forced smile when making eye contact with customers, which is better than nothing so I give her that.

Overall its a nice property with some very nice features which may have outgrown itself by the looks of the crowd over the weekend. Also other than the pool and some outdoor activities, I was surprised at the number of kids on property. Not sure if property is suitable for little ones and what was offered, it seemed more of an adult facility. Some families may have been from the State Park next door, I'm not sure. One kid we noticed was at the pool practically ALL DAY and that's where most of the kids seemed to hang out. But the pool opens up to a bar and outdoor sitting area so there was alot of yelling and wandering tikes. Maybe adult swim time could be considered.

Have visited several times and enjoy property, just feel like employees could be more welcoming and happy to see the customers (on this visit).

Room Tip: Handicap room at the end of a very long hallway. If your in a wheel chair or have a hard time getting around, this was not practical.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank rlgman
Reviewed 24 July 2017 via mobile

Rocky Gap is a great place for a get away weekend!! The improvements made to the lakeside area were very nice. A good place to sit and unwind by the fire pits in the evening. Dinner at the Lakeside was great as was the breakfast buffet. Although the weather prevented us from enjoying the beach, we had fun in the casino!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank PensFanFromPitt
Reviewed 21 July 2017 via mobile

I had always seen signs for Rocky Gap Resort from I-68 and was always curious about what it was like so when I was looking for a stop on the way back to DC to wrap up our vacation, I thought we should give it a try. We're a family of four so the casino didn't really interest us at all. But, we loved the setting on the lake, the pool, the outdoor fire pits at night and the lounge chairs on the small, white sandy beach.
We dined on the outside patio at LB's and had a delicious meal. The crab cakes are amazing and melt in your mouth! Later that night we took a dip in the pool til 11pm. Nice, since the temperature outside was still hovering in the high 70s.
The next day we rented two kayaks and took them around the lake for an hour , which we thought was well worth it.
The only thing missing is a tennis court since my family enjoys playing.
Would certainly return to Rocky Gap Resort in the future.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 July 2017

This out of the way resort and casino is situated on a body of water with swimming, sandy beach, golf course, fishing, boat rentals, and lots of things to do. It is well furnished and has 3 restaurants as well as deli locations. It has everything a family would need for a great getaway. If you want to have a mountain view, don't get anything on the main floor. You will be disappointed. Ask for higher up rooms.

Room Tip: Do not take a room that is on the 2nd (main) floor...you cannot see the mountains.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family