“Best of the Best”

Ranked #10 of 289 Restaurants in Glen Burnie
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed 17 September 2018 via mobile

I've eaten all over the globe, from Michelin Star restaurants to roadside taco vendors, but with God as my witness, there is NO PLACE on Earth I would rather eat than this 68 year old classic roadside grill and ice cream shop.

I started coming here 30 years ago when I was stationed at nearby Ft. Meade. Since then, anytime I have been within a reasonable drive of the area I have returned to find the same exceptional sandwiches, dogs, fries and shakes that I fell in love with all those years ago. The faces of the staff have changed, but their dedication to great food served fresh and hot without ever writing down an order has not.

I'm so happy my daughter recently enrolled at GW in D.C., giving me plenty more opportunities to visit the little shack on Ritchie HWY!

Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

Old time fast food. Burgers, hot dogs and fries pre McDonalds style. The shakes are thick and creamy. The soft serve ice cream is the best.

Reviewed 2 August 2018

What hasn't already been said about Ann's?? I grew up nearby decades ago and keep going back for a foot long or cheese steak fix, with milkshake of course. Don't be shy shout your order out and in a few minutes your order is ready. Ann's is truly an institution, deservedly so.

Reviewed 2 August 2018 via mobile

I remember coming here when I was a little kid with my father and it hasn't changed. I have since moved to Pennsylvania and I stop here every time I'm in the area. I usually get 10 footlongs with Double Chili to go each time. They are excellent and freeze well. Microwave them for about 30 seconds each

Reviewed 21 July 2018

Ann's is a place I was introduced to about 32 years ago by my wife (to be at the time). It was an amazing place, the lines (2) were out the door summer, fall, winter and spring time, by the fans of their amazing products! First of all, if you are a hot dog kind of person, especially if you like your foot long dogs loaded with everything, including chili sauce, then this is the place you need to go. While their double dogs are their basic item that they sell by the hundreds, if not thousands, daily, they have one of the best kept secrets in Maryland. Try one of their burger subs, they are great! Each one is custom made to your order, had 3 hamburger patties in it and costs less than a Big Mac or a Burger king quarter pounder that was massed produced, not custom made while you wait. And just like on the TV commercials, I have to say, "But wait there is more!" They make killer cheese steaks; freshly made French fries; sundaes (many kinds),soft serve ice cream cones, and many flavors of milk shakes! You walk in, wait for a while, watch them take the orders (not writing anything down), place your order, they then make what you ordered, put it into a brown paper bag, you pay and out the door to eat in your car or at one of the nearby tables or benches al fresco. (they have about 8 -10 seats inside, but those are normally taken). I have tried almost everything that they make and have never been disappointed with my selection. It is not fancy, upscale or over priced. It is just good tasting, American favorites at a reasonable price that anyone can afford. Try it once and you will be back! (ps They have shipped their dogs to Viet Nam, Japan, Korea, middle East and to people that have moved away from the area!)

1  Thank CaptainJWcourt