“First visit”

Cuisines: American, Italian, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 27 February 2018

We had made reservations but I do not think they were needed. Our food was very tasty. The only negative was my sweet potato was not as soft as it should have been. The best part of our dinner was our server Donna. She was so pleasant and on the ball. We will be back and ask for her again.

Reviewed 5 February 2018

We have not been to Sunset Restaurant in many years and decided to go there for my husband's birthday. A great decision. We had crab dip and clams casino as appetizers. Husband had stuffed snapper, we also had 2 crab cake dinners and eggplant parmagania. We were all very pleased with our food. The complimentary cheese & crackers and relish tray were a nice touch. Definitely a place to consider for those special occasion dinners. Prices are at the upper end of 'mid range'. Looking forward to another visit.

Reviewed 29 December 2017 via mobile

Experienced fast and efficient customer service after a carryout order mistake. One of the Managers quickly resolved with an apology and expedited complimentary service. For hearty family-style dining and an exceptional customer service experience, visit Sunset Restaurant today.

Reviewed 20 November 2017 via mobile

The Sunset Restaurant is a favorite of the locals and a bit hard to find, but worth every bit of the effort. I don’t think the recipe for the Cream of Crab soup has changed in the 30+ years I’ve been going there to the Sunset. It’s worth planning an extra long (3-4 hours) layover at BWI so you can take a quick side trip to restaurant. Of course the rest of the seafood is spectacular too, service is great, and prices are reasonable.

Reviewed 18 November 2017

Sunset is so consistently good it's easy to take for granted. Though busy and at times tight seating, they had their Christmas decorations up early, and our quirky waitress perfectly guided the evening along. My wife and I both got the broiled seafood platter with the fried shrimp. The shrimp were cooked just right as were the scallops and crab cake and generous portions. Even the cocktail and tartar sauces they used were excellent which isn't always the case. The sides of broccoli and stewed tomatoes were good and the Cole slaw was just about the best I have had. Drinks of Merlot, Chardonnay, Blue Moon and Coors Lights all hit the spot and our friends dessert of Pecan pie and vanilla ice cream was outstanding. The slice of pie was huge as was the glass of ice cream. I can see why this old standby is so popular.

Been to Sunset Restaurant & Lounge? Share your experiences!