Comfort Inn
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Casselman Inn(Grantsville)(Great Value!)
US$50
Gunter Hotel(Frostburg)
US$89
Agoda.com
Yough Valley Motel(Friendsville)(Great Value!)
US$75
US$90
US$114
The Lodges at Sunset Village(McHenry)(Great Value!)
US$119
US$74
QualityInn
TripAdvisor
Priceline
All reviewsindoor poolholiday innroom was cleanthe breakfast areaeggs and sausagelots of pillowsstayed one nightgas stationmicrowave and refrigeratordeep creekfree breakfast isthe usual amenitiesget awaylobbyinterstatecerealpennsylvania
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 July 2016

nice place to stay - quiet, clean, great breakfast. stayed overnight on the way to Deep Creek vacation. the staff was very nice. local restaurants available and good food. this is the 3rd time staying at this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 July 2016

I stayed at this hotel 2 different times, and will review both times on one review. I had decided on this hotel because it was close to the highway I was traveling (though at the time I wasn't sure how close). It actually is directly off the highway, which means that there was no additional stress of trying to find the hotel once you exit. The front desk was friendly at check in, and asked if the 4th floor was okay (the first was filled up and the 2nd filling up...since I had 2 children she didn't want all the coming and goings to disturb them). The room was clean and smelled cleaned. As far as I can tell, there was no ice machine or vending machine on that floor, if we wanted ice we'd have needed to go down to the first floor (which if you like ice, may be a pain). We used the pool and were the only ones in it. There was a nice stack of clean towels available, and the pool was clean and clear. My only issue there was that the clock didn't work. The next morning we went to the breakfast and there was a nice selection. We had the choice of the waffle maker, and something that used the waffle mix. It was either pancakes or like a muffin maker (not sure exactly what it was but my kids liked it). They also had eggs and sausage...and the usual array found in a continental breakfast. Check out was easy and the highway exit was just across the street from the parking lot.

We enjoyed the hotel so much that I decided to book the same hotel for my return trip (I don't think I ever stayed at the same hotel before, since I prefer to travel longer the first day. But since I knew my kids would enjoy it, and when they're happy, I'm happy, I booked it again). Everything was good again but the wifi. The wifi worked just fine on the 4th floor, but this time we were put on the first floor (to be closer to the pool and they weren't filled up this time). We had different types of electronics (phone, tablet and laptop). None of the electronics could get a signal for long, and there were a few different ones to get. I seriously had to stand next to the door of the room to get a wifi signal. I spoke with the front desk and they seemed perplexed but gave me the password for the lobby. Which was a weak signal but enough to check email...not enough to do any games for the kids. If you need wifi, definitely make sure you end up in a room that has a better signal. This room was basically identical to the 4th floor but the room seemed to get more humid. When I put the temp above 72, the room would get really humid, to the point the carpet was damp. As long as I kept it under that, I didn't have any problems, and since there were blankets, my kids didn't mind. I can't say if that was because of the temperature outside, or if the ac wasn't working exactly right, but it wasn't an issue that I found to be problematic with my stay.

One thing that I wasn't so fond of (but not the hotels fault) was that since this is a smoke free hotel, there were always a bunch of people hanging around by the front door, some smoking, some just hanging out I guess. It was me and my 2 boys, and even though I didn't feel threatened, whenever there are a bunch of people just hanging around, I pay a lot more attention. The hotel easily could put a smoking area across the street, but that is just an opinion and wouldn't stop me from staying there again.

Also be aware, there are not a lot of places to eat in the area. There is a BK and an Arby's down the road. I tried looking for a restaurant around but it was Sunday brunch, and IHOP (which just opened) was filled out the door, and another place farther away, I couldn't get parking. I think there is a subway too. If you wanted to eat in the room, both of the rooms did have a microwave and fridge.

Room Tip: 107 had a really poor wifi signal
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 July 2016

I was so pleased to find a clean and spiffy room upon arrival. The concierge was friendly and courteous. I thoroughly enjoyed an early morning bike ride in the exercise room and terrific breakfast. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 June 2016

On par with other Comfort Inns in terms of accommodations and amenities. Located near the interstate for convenient access. Upside for this location is the service station across the street where alcohol can be acquired. Downside is any restaurant is driving distance only. We got in late, quite tired, so driving somewhere again for dinner was a dreadful perspective, so we ordered in from this pizza joint.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 May 2016

Checked in with no problem and my room was just down the hall. The bed was comfortable, the shower was hot and the ac was cold, how much more could one ask for. How about and iron and ironing board in the room along with a coffee maker and the necessary amenities in the bathroom. There was a pool, exercise room and business center in the lobby (the wifi was a little slow, no problem there though) and a breakfast with sausage, eggs, waffles and the standard continental fare.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business