“Family Easter Lunch”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

No special Easter menus but we all enjoyed our meals. Three of us had artisan pizzas. It was fun to share so we each had three kinds of thin crust, fresh made pizza.
The brisket tacos were good, one was a little grizzled tho.
We had the shrimp appetizer , it was large for sharing and very tasty.
The place was busy but our waiter did a good job in keeping our glasses full and we really didn’t wait long for our meals.

Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

28 South is a nice restaurant in an up and coming business district. It has quaint, intimate booths for couples and spacious tables for large groups. There is also a large, well stocked bar area. The menu has a wide variety of options. From simple kids meals to gourmet hot dogs and burgers to seafood and vegetarian fare, 28 South has it all. The servers were fast and friendly. The prices are reasonable so go try it and enjoy!

Reviewed 28 October 2017

We were excited to try a new place in Hagerstown, we were seated and waited 5 minutes for the waitress to address us, then 10 minutes until our drinks were served, 30 minutes until our food was served. Hamburger was overcooked and my fish tacos were ice cold. We told the waitress immediately and she apologizes and said they had a backup of 4 burgers coming through at the same time. Backup of 4 burgers, REALLY!, on a Friday night. We then heard the waitress apologizing to two other tables around us as well, so we were not the only ones having a bad experience. It's unfortunate as it's a cute place, great beer selection, but slow on service and cold food. Won't be back!

Reviewed 21 October 2017

We had a GREAT dinner at 28 South last night.We told our waitress that we needed to be in and out quickly to make it to a nearby theatrical performance, and this turned out to be no problem. After agonizing over the menu trying to decide among the many creative dishes, my wife settled on the Elvis hot dog and I had the Wild Boar Bolognese. At our waitresses urging I got the Brussels Sprouts as a side.
Everything was first rate! At first my wife, who doesn't like really spicy food was taken aback by the Sriracha barbeque sauce. I suggested that she keep at it a bit and sure enough she soon found the heat to be tolerable, even enjoyable. It may have been moderated a bit by the peanut butter on the dog. Yes, peanut butter and it was an unexpectedly excellent addition. The house made potato chips were wonderful.
The Wild Boar Bolognese was a somewhat different preparation than the usual, but delicious. The meat was mostly in the form of small balls or chunks as opposed to the classic where the meat is more evenly dispersed in the sauce. I liked this because it let me really taste the boar.
I love Brussels Sprouts and grill them frequently so I wasn't inclined to get these but the waitress was so enthusiastic about them that I gave in. Great choice! The sprouts were flash fried, no batter with a secret blend of spices. They were just a bit crispy charred, perfectly cooked inside.
Time and full bellies didn't allow us to have dessert, but we'll try those the next time. Yes, there will definitely be a next time

Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

What a wonderful surprise! Stopped by after dropping kids off for homecoming and felt sorry for them that didn't come here for their dinner. This place is amazing. Generous serving sizes and everything we had and saw come out of the kitchen was absolutely delicious! Excellent service at the bar as they were completely booked for table Seating at 5 pm - I hate to tell anyone about this place in fear of never getting a seat again. I'm definitely a tough customer to please and I could not find one thing I didn't like about the place. Great drinks and service too!