“Great tacos”

Tacos 5 de Mayo Restaurant
Ranked #27 of 149 Restaurants in Hyattsville
Price range: US$2 - US$20
Description: Humble kitchen offering Mexican standards such as tacos, burritos, quesadillas, sopes & enchiladas, plus a salsa bar. We also have Salvadorian food
Reviewed 18 April 2017 via mobile

My wife and I came for lunch. She got the pork tacos fully loaded, and I got the chicken "street tacos." The meat on both was perfectly roasted, and the salsa bar meant we could sauce as we like. Definitely coming back.

Reviewed 13 October 2016

This has become one of my favorite spots for loaded tacos. I enjoy the steak ones because the steak is well seasoned and flavorful. The pupusas are awesome too! The carnitas y queso (pork & cheese) ones are fabulous with the tasty yet slightly sweet pickled cabbage. I'm use to the spicy version but this version is tasty too!

Reviewed 13 August 2015

Took a couple of co-workers here for lunch today. It's a little mom and pop hole in the wall place with AMAZING food. We got a variety of tacos that were simply delicious, the Carne Asada being my favorite. They have a salsa bar with lots of options. And, the highlight was the delicious homemade Horchata (sweet, cinnamon rice drink). The waitress was really friendly and chatty. Felt right at home. Will definitely be coming back.

Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

My another successful experiment with Mexican food. I tried them during my recent DC trip for dinner and everyone in my group was impressed with their food.

Everything we ordered was absolutely fresh and was great in quantity. We couldn't finish one full Burrito as we were already full with other dishes.

The place looks small and from outside sometimes you may miss this place as there is no big banner or poster showing their presence. You may need to struggle a bit for parking as well as they don't have many parking spaces but the nearby lanes have enough parking spaces and there are couple of public schools and Church also where you can park.

The look of the restaurant from outside is pure Mexican and you don't have much seating available as most of the people I saw were taking the food to go but there are place to sit around 10-15 people.

The lady taking orders is very nice. She explains you about the Menu and the dishes. In fact, I ordered three Sodas and while billing she adjusted two of them with my burritos and I was not charged for them while I was unaware of the deal. Shows their good customer service and honesty.

All in all I loved this place, they may not have the best of the interiors or an expensive ambience but their food is good to cover everything.

I am definitely going to them whenever I am in this area.

1  Thank Ashish S