“Something different and off the beaten path”
Review of Guide House

Guide House
Ranked #1 of 6 Restaurants in Knoxville
Reviewed 10 November 2017

So this place used to be the best truck stop this side of the bridge. It closed years ago and sat empty. Along came this river rapid rafting kind of eclectic eatery joint! It's got shine, great Bloody Mary's! Best Tuna-Melt ever with fried green tomatoes to give some crunch. Cool place...you'll like it!

1  Thank terryalger

Reviewed 10 November 2017

Was a great choice for dinner this evening. We had to wait a few minutes for a table (yes, even on a rainy Thursday night they were busy) but it was very worth it. Service was friendly. Atmosphere is fun and inviting. Drinks are interesting and prepared well, featuring SweetShine liquors. The crab soup was delicious - among the best I've ever had. All the rest of our appetizers and entrees were great. Shared 2 dessert cupcakes as well. You can't go wrong with this place. We'll definitely be back.

1  Thank 4mntnlvrs
Reviewed 22 October 2017

Went with my wife to the Guide House Grill for lunch on Saturday afternoon. We were quite pleased with the experience. I had a pulled pork bbq sandwich buffalo style and the wife had the same with an apple based bbq sauce. Mine was hot but not necessarily flavorful. Next time I will probably try the Carolina style. I had a salad instead of the fries and our waiter didn't bring the salad until literally 30 seconds before the meal. I don't know anyone that doesn't want to eat their salad first before the meal. The fries are cut in store so they are great if fresh. I had their homeade limeade. Damn it was good. I asked for another to go just before we left and forgot and left it on the table. I was beating myself in the head for forgetting it as we crossed the Potomac River. We are going to go back tomorrow for Sunday Brunch.

1  Thank Wickett52
Reviewed 19 October 2017

My husband and I ate here after a long day's drive from Georgia. We stayed in the Knight's Inn across the street. We didn't feel like going anywhere else, so we ate at the Guide House. The atmosphere was pleasantly country-ish. My husband had a burger with fries and I had something like bruschetta--I forget the exact name. My bruschetta was very good, but my husband said the burger was just average and the French fries were not very good. The service was okay, though it took us awhile to get our check and to get our order. If we ever ate here again, we would order something different--at least my husband would.

Reviewed 26 September 2017

We went last summer when it was just beginning. Great french fries. Not much of a menu. Hopefully, it has gotten better in a year.