“Awesome Jamaican!”

Irie Bar & Grille
Ranked #15 of 53 Restaurants in Lanham
Cuisines: American, Jamaican
Reviewed 20 January 2017

A must visit for those in the area. Try to the rum punch! The food itself is amazing, and a bit overwhelming but worth it. They now have new decor and the lighting is a bit different. Check it out!

Reviewed 3 August 2016

I have been to Irie Bar & Grill several times over the last few years, but since I moved to VA, I'm not able to go as much as I would like. So to my surprise, they did a renovation to the restaurant, and the menu, and let me tell you, it looks AMAZING and the food was AWESOME. When the server gave me the new menu, I was shocked to see how much I have missed. With so many new options, I tried a few new things, but had to get my favorite, oxtail with rice & peas, and as usual, it was on point. I was however, disappointed to learn that one of my favorite drinks, a cucumber drink was no longer available. That drink was so refreshing, so it will be missed. My server had a pretty good knowledge of the menu and her recommendation of an appetizer was spot on. The new decor of the restaurant and low lighting with the nice music, makes it a great place to take your loved one or to meet with your friends for a drink. I will recommend this restaurant, and I can't wait to go back, just wish they would open one in VA.

Reviewed 26 July 2016 via mobile

I had visited Irie Cafe about a year ago for a birthday celebration. I wasn't really wowed about the place even though I
enjoyed the food and the company. On the suggestion of a friend who frequents this place, I decided to go for lunch with a friend. I was wowed! what a difference a year makes! From the moment I walked in I felt a calming and chill in the atmosphere. The seating and arrangement of the space give allowance for privacy and creation of one's own oasis. The food was great! Enjoyed the Irie platter, the jerk burger. My friend had the curry chicken roti which she really enjoyed.
Clean restrooms is a singular indicator for me at any restaurant. The restrooms were immaculate!
I feel very proud to be patron of this restaurant that pays homage to my Jamaican heritage and they do it in such a classy way. I recommend this restaurant highly. I will return.

1  Thank bliteful
Reviewed 10 July 2016

I went to Irie for a birthday lunch. The rum punch was good. My vegetarian meal left much to be desired. The bartender was unfamiliar with the menu, the kitchen was changing availability of food and my sister's portions were petite compared to the price. I would suggest this restaurant for drinks with friends. The decor is nice.

Reviewed 4 May 2016

I was warned by my friends who wanted to visit this restaurant, that the service was slow. So I stopped in at Wegmans next door and got a snack to hold me over. Good thing I did.
The place is nicely very done, but the music was a bit loud, not too loud. We placed orders and waited, and waited all the while being harassed by a couple of fruit flies. There was one other party inside the restaurant and they were being served as we were ordering. No one checked on in on us in the interim.

Thirty minutes went by then a young lady who later informed me that she was the manager arrived with our meals. We thank her and I proceed to ask her why our meals took as long as they did, she said it should have take 15-20 minutes and she will find out what was the hold up and let us know.

The meals we good not specular however the presentation was lacking. Our waiter did not show up to inquire however there were lots of staff milling around, the chef momentarily appeared to look at the basketball game on TV.

After sitting for 20 minutes with an empty water glass, we beckoned a young lady who was cleaning the table next to ours and immediately she graciously refilled our glasses and told us to please let her know if we need anything. We requested the check and our waiter appeared, apologized and informed us that he was the only one on duty.
As we left the restaurant 45 minutes later the manager still had not return as promised. She was busy field complaints from the table that was seated 15minutes after we sat down.