“Horrible service”

Irie Bar & Grille
Ranked #13 of 53 Restaurants in Lanham
Cuisines: American, Jamaican
Reviewed 15 March 2017

The staff was very rude and the food looked like something they had just threw together. And this was a take out order.

Reviewed 20 January 2017

A must visit for those in the area. Try to the rum punch! The food itself is amazing, and a bit overwhelming but worth it. They now have new decor and the lighting is a bit different. Check it out!

Reviewed 3 August 2016

I have been to Irie Bar & Grill several times over the last few years, but since I moved to VA, I'm not able to go as much as I would like. So to my surprise, they did a renovation to the restaurant, and the menu, and let me tell you, it looks AMAZING and the food was AWESOME. When the server gave me the new menu, I was shocked to see how much I have missed. With so many new options, I tried a few new things, but had to get my favorite, oxtail with rice & peas, and as usual, it was on point. I was however, disappointed to learn that one of my favorite drinks, a cucumber drink was no longer available. That drink was so refreshing, so it will be missed. My server had a pretty good knowledge of the menu and her recommendation of an appetizer was spot on. The new decor of the restaurant and low lighting with the nice music, makes it a great place to take your loved one or to meet with your friends for a drink. I will recommend this restaurant, and I can't wait to go back, just wish they would open one in VA.

Reviewed 26 July 2016 via mobile

I had visited Irie Cafe about a year ago for a birthday celebration. I wasn't really wowed about the place even though I
enjoyed the food and the company. On the suggestion of a friend who frequents this place, I decided to go for lunch with a friend. I was wowed! what a difference a year makes! From the moment I walked in I felt a calming and chill in the atmosphere. The seating and arrangement of the space give allowance for privacy and creation of one's own oasis. The food was great! Enjoyed the Irie platter, the jerk burger. My friend had the curry chicken roti which she really enjoyed.
Clean restrooms is a singular indicator for me at any restaurant. The restrooms were immaculate!
I feel very proud to be patron of this restaurant that pays homage to my Jamaican heritage and they do it in such a classy way. I recommend this restaurant highly. I will return.

1  Thank bliteful
Reviewed 10 July 2016

I went to Irie for a birthday lunch. The rum punch was good. My vegetarian meal left much to be desired. The bartender was unfamiliar with the menu, the kitchen was changing availability of food and my sister's portions were petite compared to the price. I would suggest this restaurant for drinks with friends. The decor is nice.