“Great BBQ, need better sauce”
Review of Leon's Barbeque

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Leon's Barbeque
Ranked #19 of 53 Restaurants in Lanham
Reviewed 22 August 2017 via mobile

We discovered Leon's BBQ in Galveston,TX. The owner told us he had a franchisee in Lanham, MD not too far from our home. So we decided to try it. The franchise owner shared with us that he had gone to Galveston to learn how to prepare Leon's recipes. As a group we tried the brisket, chicken, spareribs and boudin. The meats were all smoky and flavorful. We tried the mac and cheese, collards, green beans, baked beans and Cole slaw. The boudin was different than any sausage we've tried and we probably wouldn't get it again. None of us liked the BBQ sauces that were offered on the side but the meats were good enough without sauce. We will definitely be back...with our own BBQ sauce next time.

Reviewed 15 May 2017

I ordered the ribs and buffalo wings for dinner and I must say the ribs are tender and flavorful and the buffalo wings are delicious! The few times I've been here, I've had nothing but good/friendly customer service from the staff. The Brisket is excellent as well as the side items I ordered (collard greens, mac&cheese, yams, baked beans are all pretty darn good!!!). It's a small restaurant with a few tables if you want to dine in.

Reviewed 17 March 2017

I had lunch here today. I got the lunch combo with the pulled pork sandwich and the mac and cheese. I have been a few times in the past and had a great experience but this time was disappointing. In the past they used better buns/ bread, this time the buns were very cheap and didn't taste every good either. I won't ever get the sandwich again. The Mac and cheese was great as always. Would I go again ... yes but I would just get the meat without the bread.

Reviewed 29 October 2015

I'd like to be able to write a more positive review. The people at Leon's—a small, diner-style restaurant—are courteous and thoughtful, a pleasure to interact with. But they have an uphill job with their product. I had the brisket, which was tender but massively fatty. (You do get a choice: I suggest that you emphasise "lean" when ordering.) The sauce was a watery light-brown concoction with the consistency of vinegar, which seemed to be its chief ingredient. The fries were the standard frozen rubbish out of a bag. All told, a thoroughly unappetising meal, but at least one that didn't cost very much.

1  Thank Businesstraveller5
Reviewed 27 August 2015 via mobile

The food is pretty good.The staff is very friendly and professional.The brisket is definitely a must try.The candy yams are great as well.That is just my opinion but I seriously doubt you will be disappointed.

Been to Leon's Barbeque? Share your experiences!