“Best Pancit Palabok and Lumpiang Shanghai, et. al.”
Review of Inah's Place

Inah's Place
Ranked #8 of 52 Restaurants in Lanham
Reviewed 10 July 2017

Inah's Place makes the best Pancit Palabok (aka Pansit Luglug, similar to Pancit Malabon) in the DMV. Called 2 days ahead for a catered order of a Small Tray, that's enough to feed a large family of 8-10+. The Philippine specialty satisfied much longing for the PInoy national dish. The Filipino fried lumpia were so crunchy and scrumptious, too! The food was made so fresh, as the kind and gracious owner was in the throes of cooking the meals just as we arrived, so the palabok was piping hot! There were also other turo turo prepared entrees to choose from, so we got several other entrees of their menu which changes daily. All were really tasty: lechon kawali, sisig, smokey grilled liempo, pork and chicken bbq skewers, caldereta, pancit bihon/guisado. The male staff at the counter was really nice, as well. They have a steady flow of repeat customers. First time here and we'll definitely be back! ..except for Monday & Tuesday, when they're closed.

Reviewed 29 August 2016

Making plans with a friend for lunch, I search for restaurants near where I was staying. I came across Inah's Place. As I had not seen a Philippino restaurant in the area before, I decided to suggest it as an option. We were surprised to find that it was primarily a carry out. However there was a side counter with stools where patrons wanting to eat in could sit. The owners were very hospitable. finding out that we had never been there before, they offered samples of the various dishes in their buffet. They were all very tasty, particularly the chicken and the vegetables. also in the buffet was some beef stew, a pork dish and some fried fish which we did not taste. The portions were very generous. I ordered the stew. Although the chicken was very well season there quite a few bones in the dish. I remembered a great drink from a visit to the Philippines many years ago called Halo Halo.I asked if they had it and they said they did; it was definitely a highlight, It is more of a desert than a drink, with coconut milk, the halo-halo fruit mix and ice cream in it. I hope to be back for more soon.

1  Thank chatulita1
Reviewed 11 January 2016 via mobile

This is an authentic filipino restaurant in the Washington DC and Lanham area. Its a one stop shop for filipino food. They offer wide array of filipino meat & vegetable viands, noodles, bread and desserts.

I like how they cook calderata, squid adobo and roasted pork.

Their casava cake is also awesome!

Reviewed 9 October 2014

Some of the BEST Filipino food I've had (not counting my own Mom's of course!) and LARGE portions! My co-workers and I go for lunch every week. Cash and Carry only...but worth it!