“First visit and pleased”

Sobe Restaurant & Lounge
Reserve with OpenTable
Sobe Restaurant & Lounge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 62 Restaurants in Lanham
Price range: US$13 - US$50
Description: SoBe Restaurant and Lounge features a South Beach inspired atmosphere with a wide ranging menu prepared in our Scratch Kitchen. Our French-trained Chef, Christ Lanydrek, has an amazing menu prepared to satisfy every palate. Featuring Crab Cakes, Oxtails, Fried Chicken, Arroz con Pollo, Steaks, Chilean Sea Bass and a wide variety of other items, you will not leave disappointed. We bring all of our seafood in fresh every day. The ambiance at lunch is perfect for business meetings or just a quick and quiet bite to eat. We feature a full bar with a perfect assortment of signature cocktails as well as draft beer and an extensive wine list.
Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

From the outside doesn't really look like much but the inside is beautiful with a certain upscale sex appeal. Came here for brunch after church and had the buffet. A nice array of options from French toast to crab legs to collard greens. Mac n cheese and fried chicken didn't have much flavor but everything else was quite tasty.
Staff was very nice and took care of our large group of 11.
The place also has a nice bar with good size tvs and outside seating. I would come here again if ever in the area.

Reviewed 18 September 2017

We had taken a friend of my wife to this restaurant for her birthday shortly after it opened. This time she joined us to celebrate my wife's birthday. What a difference two years makes.

The restaurant is very successful; we could not get a reservation from 6-9:15 on a Saturday. The last time we went at six and it was not very crowded. It was crowded, but there were sears open this time. There is a bar.

The drinks were very good and the food was as we remembered it from before. However, there have been some issues in the scale up, of which I mention two.

It is restaurant policy that there are no substitutions of vegetables. The chef has decided that certain vegetables and entrees go together, and if you do not like that vegetable (or even if you are allergic to it), you can get a different vegetable. My wife had to change her desired entree..

The wait times for food to arrive had increased dramatically. The wait for the salad was so long that shortly after we started eating our salad, the waiter informed us that the entrees were ready. We chose to finish our salads, which meant a little more time on the warming trays for our food and it showed.

Finally, we had an endless wait for our desserts, which amounted to two ice cream cookies.

After our first visit, my wife insisted on complimenting the chef; after his visit, she said never again.

Reviewed 23 August 2017

The ambiance and live music was great. Live music a bit loud in the dining room area where we were seated. Had to scream at each other in order to be heard. That was the ONLY positive thing that happened the night my husband and I joined a friend and (8) of some of his other friends for a birthday dinner. It appeared they only had (1) waitress working the WHOLE dining side. We were seated at 8:30pm and did not receive our drinks for another 45 minutes. (2) other people arrived, and they didn't even receive any water. We all ordered appetizers before ordering entrees to get a feel of how the food would be. Once the appetizers finally arrived, everyone received there order EXCEPT my husband and myself; reminder he only ordered a WEDGE SALAD. The waitress never inquired/checked back with us about the situation. It was like trying to flag down a cab to get her attention. At the point that we were able to flag her down to tell her the situation, my husband did not even want the salad after waiting 1-1/2 hours for it. The waitress blamed it on the kitchen! There appeared to be no management in place to notice all things going wrong on the floor. We watched a couple be seated and after 35 minutes of no one coming to take their order they left! After the appetizer experience, no one ordered an entree. We had to go to Half Note Lounge after to get a mea, and pay a cover; which was not in the plan. One thing I can say about Half Note, they are consistent. We received water, drinks, and our food within 30-35 minutes. It only takes me personally one time to have a bad experience at an establishment. I WILL NEVER GO BACK......

2  Thank keepinitreal2017
Reviewed 22 August 2017

Food-- Average bar food.
Drinks—Average.
Decor—Beautiful.
Service--Mixed!
Would I return? Never. The server was wonderful. I went on a night that Straight to the Point was performing. It is difficult to see the stage from most of the tables. When we inquired about better tables, we were told that the tables facing the band were reserved for the owner and his guests only. As a paying customer, I was insulted that customers are given the worst tables in the restaurant.

Reviewed 31 July 2017

I went to Sobe for lunch. I thought it was going to be horrible but I went. And I'm glad I did. From the outside it does not look very nice but inside was VERY nice. I was shocked. I had the lunch buffet. The food was great. I am so happy I went here.