“would not use for catering”
Review of Blue Wind Gourmet

Blue Wind Gourmet
Price range: US$4 - US$15
Description: Has a great wine selection with tastings at lunch. Awesome atmosphere with a small outdoor seating area for nice days. The food is always remarkable and fresh!
Reviewed 20 June 2017

My daughter and granddaughter visited in late May to sample the food and drinks as a prelude to our granddaughter's graduation luncheon. They were pleased so ordered sandwiches, salad and drinks for about 10 people. My husband and I went to pick up the order on the big day and were very disappointed. We waited for at least 10 minutes for anyone to even acknowledge our presence. The order was ready - after a fashion. The drinks (5 large) were in individual containers that we had to carry to the vehicle. We also had 5 or 6 sandwich boxes to juggle (they did give us a tray to place them on after we asked for one). The salad was in a container for easy serving and two cups of dressing was provided. When we got to the site of the luncheon, we found that many of the sandwiches were soggy - don't know how far in advance they were made. The drinks - a berry tea - were not sweetened as they were on the day my daughter visited. Also, the salad dressing was rancid and unusable. Blue Wind has been crossed off the list for future visits.

Dana R, Owner at Blue Wind Gourmet, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2017

This is the first I have heard of any issues; we are known for exceptional catering. If we were notified of a problem we easily could have corrected the issue. This order was called in and placed off the menu; we were asked to put the individual salads into one container-which we did and we asked if a container of dressing was preferred over individual ones. We do not recommend our menu items for catering because we do not like the quality after an extended period of time; we have a separate catering menu. Catering orders go through me or Nick and we make sure food that is ordered is designed to hold up for the duration of an event. You received individual drinks because that was what was ordered; tea comes unsweetened unless they had asked for sweet tea.

I am not sure if you are the one who placed the menu order; or you are just the ones who picked it up. It would be very much appreciated that we could have talked before a negative review was placed about catering that we did not do. We are an independent business and we work very hard everyday to maintain a good reputation. It is damaging and misleading to say you wouldn't use us for catering events.

I am truly sorry that you were not satisfied with what was ordered, and had you called me that day I would have ran food over to you to correct the problem. Feel free to reach out to me directly to talk about this further.

Dana 301-904-1795

Reviewed 19 June 2017

We had a wonderful lunch at Blue Wind. There's something on the very large menu for everyone and the chocolate selection in the space looked inviting as well. The set up is unusual - you order at the counter and the staff will bring out your drinks and food. Only challenge is finding a place to park and sit but it's worth the extra effort!

Thanks for stopping in and taking the time to write a review :) Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 18 May 2017

Eclectic and "hip." What a fresh place--with creative and delicious food and drinks in a casual yet inviting and artistic space. The chocolatier section made it all the more charming. A great place for lunch after our son's graduation from St. Mary's College of MD!

Congrats to your son, what an accomplishment!

Reviewed 11 May 2017

The black bean soup was on the hand written menu, and as it was raining and cold, that sounded just right. It was vegetarian as well so that was a plus. My friend ordered a wrap. Food was good. It was a shame that my soup came to the table ages before the other order so I had to be rude and eat my meal first as I am not sure cold soup would have been quite the same. The place was busy, so that says a lot. Parking was difficult so had to park out on the road, but overall not too bad. May go there again

Dana R, Owner at Blue Wind Gourmet, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2017

Thank you for visiting; next time just let the person taking your order know you want it to come out as your meal. And our parking defiantly gets a little crazy! Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 1 May 2017 via mobile

In a sea of chain restaurants and burgers, this place stands out. Fresh, tasty and plenty to look at while waiting for your food. This is a high end liquor store, candy shop, and restaurant all in one. They forgot the avocado on my rockfish wrap, and the soup and entrees came at the same time, followed by drinks, so that is why it gets a "very good" instead of "excellent", but the quality of food was super. We came back a second time while returning home from Point Lookout. Crab cakes were fantastic.