“Great place for a casual lunch/early dinner.”
Review of Blue Wind Gourmet

Blue Wind Gourmet
Price range: US$4 - US$15
Cuisines: American, Deli, Seafood, Healthy
Description: Has a great wine selection with tastings at lunch. Awesome atmosphere with a small outdoor seating area for nice days. The food is always remarkable and fresh!
Reviewed 7 September 2017

Great place to have a meal with friends. Food is always fresh and tasty. I like the wine, the beer, and the food.

Reviewed 18 July 2017 via mobile

My husband and I stopped by for dinner after work. I had the lamb and beef gyro, which came was amazing! My husband had the garbage sandwich, which despite its name, is also really delicious. (The name refers to the big assortment of meats and cheeses loaded into this sandwich) We each tried a different soup, also excellent. There are wines, a few local whiskies, and gourmet chocolates you can also purchase, as well as yummy coffee concoctions.
The service was fast and friendly. Will definitely go back.

Reviewed 8 July 2017

This is the second time that I have come to Blue Wind. If you are looking for a great sandwich. The first visit, I tried the crab cake. It was delicious. The second time, I tried the chef salad. My daughter tried the grilled chicken sandwich. We were both happy with our meals. Love the sample chocolates on the counter. Many great sweet treats to try and sample. The triple chocolate cake disappeared quickly after our lunch. We purchased chocolates to bring home afterwards.

Reviewed 6 July 2017 via mobile

We stopped here in a whim. We half the crab and corn chowder and the seafood salad sandwich which I highly recommend.

Reviewed 20 June 2017

My daughter and granddaughter visited in late May to sample the food and drinks as a prelude to our granddaughter's graduation luncheon. They were pleased so ordered sandwiches, salad and drinks for about 10 people. My husband and I went to pick up the order on the big day and were very disappointed. We waited for at least 10 minutes for anyone to even acknowledge our presence. The order was ready - after a fashion. The drinks (5 large) were in individual containers that we had to carry to the vehicle. We also had 5 or 6 sandwich boxes to juggle (they did give us a tray to place them on after we asked for one). The salad was in a container for easy serving and two cups of dressing was provided. When we got to the site of the luncheon, we found that many of the sandwiches were soggy - don't know how far in advance they were made. The drinks - a berry tea - were not sweetened as they were on the day my daughter visited. Also, the salad dressing was rancid and unusable. Blue Wind has been crossed off the list for future visits.

Dana R, Owner at Blue Wind Gourmet, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2017

This is the first I have heard of any issues; we are known for exceptional catering. If we were notified of a problem we easily could have corrected the issue. This order was called in and placed off the menu; we were asked to put the individual salads into one container-which we did and we asked if a container of dressing was preferred over individual ones. We do not recommend our menu items for catering because we do not like the quality after an extended period of time; we have a separate catering menu. Catering orders go through me or Nick and we make sure food that is ordered is designed to hold up for the duration of an event. You received individual drinks because that was what was ordered; tea comes unsweetened unless they had asked for sweet tea.

I am not sure if you are the one who placed the menu order; or you are just the ones who picked it up. It would be very much appreciated that we could have talked before a negative review was placed about catering that we did not do. We are an independent business and we work very hard everyday to maintain a good reputation. It is damaging and misleading to say you wouldn't use us for catering events.

I am truly sorry that you were not satisfied with what was ordered, and had you called me that day I would have ran food over to you to correct the problem. Feel free to reach out to me directly to talk about this further.

Dana 301-904-1795